Woman admits she boils dirty knickers in hotel kettle – Twitter users are horrified

When one woman forgot to pack extra knickers, she used a bizarre method to wash her dirty underwear.

Posting on Facebook, the anonymous woman said: “Staying in a hotel, that time of the month comes out of the blue.

“Forgot to pack knickers so came up with a good way to quickly wash them. The hotel kettle! Quick, fast and hygienic.”

But when the post was shared on Twitter, many slammed the woman’s disgusting method.

“What a dirty minger”

Twitter user

One wrote: “Apart from the fact that this is thoroughly revolting, surely everyone knows you use cold water to rinse out blood?”

Another said: “My husband is a housekeeper in a hotel – *never* use the hotel room kettle.”

A third added: “Wtf is wrong with people.”

While a fourth commented: “Just gagged when I read that. Why couldn’t she soak them in the sink or gone out and bought new pants.”

And a fifth slammed: “What a dirty minger.”

Dr Heather said: “These don’t cause sickness if they are consumed, but their presence in certain environments can encourage them to produce a toxin that can be deadly.

“However, who knows how long that water, with nutrients that have been introduced and then sterilised, sits around in the kettle before someone else uses it?

“There are simply too many unknowns and hotel kettles are not industrial strength cleaning facilities. Be respectful of other people and don’t do this!”

Source: Read Full Article