The Giant’s Causeway tops a spectacular bucket list of UK sites for Brits – yet most shun them to go abroad.
The unusual rock formation is a huge must-do in Co Antrim on Northern Ireland’s coast.
But just a quarter of us have ever visited the country, says a survey.
More Brits have been to France than Cornwall, London or Manchester, according to the Sykes Holiday Cottages study.
One in five southerners said they had never been “up north”.
Sykes boss Graham Donoghue said: “Despite a desire to tick off our British bucket list, these results show how undiscovered the country actually is.”
The nation’s top 20 British bucket list experiences…
1. Visit Giant’s Causeway, Co Antrim, Northern Ireland
2. Go whale watching in the Scottish Highlands
3. Visit Bath’s Roman Baths
4. Walk along Hadrian’s Wall
5. See in the summer solstice at Stonehenge
6. Spend a day at Wimbledon
7. Enjoy a clotted cream tea in Cornwall
8. Stay in a Cotswolds thatched cottage
9. Visit the Edinburgh Festival
10. Visit Buckingham Palace
11. Watch a show on London’s West End
12. See the White Cliffs of Dover
13. Eat fresh fish and chips in Whitby, North Yorkshire
14. Walk through Cheddar Gorge, Somerset
15. Climb Mount Snowdon, Wales
16. Boat trip on Windermere, Cumbria
17. Stargazing in Northumberland
18. See crown jewels at Tower of London
19. Look for Nessie at Loch Ness, Scotland
20. Search for fossils on the Jurassic Coast, southern England
People who quit their jobs to travel the world
Source: Read Full Article