He is charged with four counts of rape, one attempted rape, three indecent assaults and one count of buggery.
One of the girls is said to have been under 13 when she was raped by him at least 10 times, starting when she was eight.
The man is charged with indecently assaulting the same youngster at least ten times over the same period.
Three more charges relate to claims he sexually abused the same alleged victim when she was an adult.
A second girl was under 16 when she says she was raped “on at least 10 separate occasions” by the man in the late 1970s.
The third was 12 or younger when she was allegedly raped by the man in the early 1980s.
His final alleged victim was under 16 when she says he indecently assaulted her on one occasion in the mid-1970s.
Court officials confirmed the man, who is in his 70s, is due to go on trial in August.
He faces a maximum life sentence if convicted.
He was granted bail after appearing before magistrates earlier this year.
A source said: “Everyone is shocked. He is denying the claims.” A police spokesman said the man was charged on January 2 with seven counts of rape relating to three female victims.
Source: Read Full Article