Louise Minchin films new show with Lucy Alexander
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Louise Minchin, 53, left BBC Breakfast last year after starting on the news show in 2012. Since then she has starred in I’m A Celebrity, but has now reunited with BBC’s Mike Bushell, 56, as they take part in a celebrity edition of Catchpoint.
BBC’s Catchpoint is scheduled to be returning early this year, with host Paddy McGuinness hosting eight special celebrity episodes.
Contestants have to act fast as they tackle the ultimate battle of brains in order to win the cash prize for their charities.
If contestants drop the ball they could lose everything, but if they manage to hold on, they could walk away victorious.
Talking about the new series, Paddy said: “I’m thrilled that Catchpoint is back bigger and better than ever!
“With a load of celebrities trying to catch our big and small balls it’s bound to be packed with lots of laughs and some sensational diving.”
Former Homes Under the Hammer star posted a video to her Instagram story today of the Catchpoint studio, with Louise and Mike featuring in the background.
In the video she left the caption: “Me & Martin [Roberts] v Louise Minchin and Mike Bushell from BBC Breakfast. Here’s the studio.”
Louise also hinted on her own Instagram that she had been filming a new show.
In view of her 126,000 followers she posted a picture of herself to her Instagram story, with the caption: “Been filming.”
Louise has recently hit the headlines after she spoke out about her family’s “truly blood chilling” experience with a stalker.
Ex-soldier Carl Davies sent death threats to social media accounts belonging to Louise and her daughter in July 2020.
These included graphic threats and contained details that showed Carl knew where the family lived and had visited the location.
Writing in the Daily Telegraph, she penned: “The details he had about where I live were chilling, he could have only known them if he had been standing right outside my house.”
The presenter admitted she had considered leaving her job at the BBC, but her daughters told her not to “let him win”.
“It’s thanks to them that I didn’t just quit that week” she said.
Louise said that “if anything good” could come of the experience, it was “the clear message that perpetrators don’t always stay anonymous; they can be prosecuted”.
The former BBC Breakfast presenter said she and her daughter were now “doing much better”, but the experience had “left a mark”.
Louise’s final BBC Breakfast show took place on September 15 last year.
She announced on June 8, live on air that she would be leaving the hit breakfast show, after presenting the show for 20 years.
In November, the presenter took part in I’m a Celebrity and she finished seventh.
Source: Read Full Article