Johnny Vegas turns down Oti Mabuse Strictly partner request ‘I’d drive her mad!’

Oti Mabuse discusses how a book helped her Strictly career

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Strictly Come Dancing professional Oti Mabuse, 30, and Johnny Vegas, 50, got along well when they were both guests on Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch last weekend. One viewer took to Twitter to comment on their chemistry and suggested they should dance together on the BBC show.

The Twitter user wrote: “Can @bbcstrictly persuade @JohnnyVegasReal to take part in the show this year & partner him with @OtiMabuse please?

“I’m living for this duo!”

The comedian went on to say the pair had discussed the potential partnership off-camera and decided against it.

He wrote: “We already discussed on @SundayBrunchC4 in-between ads how we’re best off staying showbiz pals. I’d drive her mad.”

Oti added: “You are just a living legend, couldn’t stop laughing all show.”

Addressing his appearance on the show, he chimed in: “Have so many friends giving me gentle grief as they reminded me, I was in the presence of Strictly greatness.

“If you ever need any shoes breaking in, I’m there for you buddy. Great meeting you x.”

Johnny previously revealed he had been asked to take part on the show, but turned it down as he feared he’d be a joke act.

Speaking on the show, he said: “I have been asked, obviously it’s the lack of commitment to physical activity.

“I’d be the token one, I’d be the one you get voted for for four weeks and people going, ‘Ah, look at him he’s fat and he’s moving fast’.

“And just at the point where I start to believe in myself, they’ll be going, ‘Really?’”

In 2009, he said he had been approached by producers but was too busy to commit at the time.

DON’T MISS…
Sean Connery’s younger brother Neil dies seven months after his death [DEATH NEWS]
Meghan and Harry ‘won’t last’ claims socialite Victoria Hervey [OPINION]
Our Yorkshire Farm’s Amanda Owen slams ‘breeding workforce’ claims [REACTION]

He told Digital Spy: “They made some enquiries but to be honest, it’s such a big commitment to do the show.

“I really was just so busy with other things and I just know health-wise… Well, would it be good for ratings – me keeling over?!”

He added: “I know how tiring it is and it’s not something I have time to do at the moment, but it’s nice to be asked!

“I think they were looking for this season’s John Sergeant and I think they thought they’d found that in me!”

Oti has been a part of the show since 2015.

She is currently the only professional dancer to win the Glitterball trophy with a celebrity for two consecutive years.

In 2019, she triumphed with former Emmerdale actor Kelvin Fletcher.

Last year, she won the show again with comedian Bill Bailey.

Strictly Come Dancing returns to the BBC later this year.

Source: Read Full Article