Justin Verlander, a pitcher of the reigning World Series champs, the Houston Astros, regales Us with some striking factoids. Read on to learn 25 things about the 35-year-old and his partnership with Flonase.
1. I’ve never had a real job, but I worked at a baseball camp for kids.
2. My favorite snacks are Kit Kats and Oreos with milk. I have such a sweet tooth.
3. My wife Kate [Upton] and I like to go out for dinner and a movie for our date nights.
4. I do everything in threes before a game since there are three outs. Like, if I use the bathroom at the field, I take three paper towels.
5. The hardest part about being a baseball player is traveling and being away from my wife and dog Harley.
6. I didn’t drink at all in high school, but I had a good time in college.
7. For my hair, I use a light pomade and then hit it with some hair spray.
8. The best thing I make are my bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches. It’s my go-to meal.
9. The best gift I’ve received was a Rolex engraved after I won Rookie of the Year [in 2006]. Winning the World Series ring [last year] was pretty great too.
10. I’m a pretty good dancer. I’ve fallen out of touch with the new dances the kids do, but I can still hold my own in the middle of a dance floor.
11. I wear number 35 because of [now-retired player] Frank Thomas. My first year, I struck him out on a 103-mph pitch, my fastest ever. Very full circle moment.
12. My favorite childhood show was Saved by the Bell. I had such a crush on Jessie.
13. My favorite celeb encounter was with Kate! We first met at a commercial shoot, and I had my microphone on and didn’t realize. I told my friends that I was gonna get her number and she heard me! But it worked.
14. The cutest thing Harley, our boxer, does is snuggling up to us. He loves to cuddle.
15. I binge-watch everything. The last show I watched was The 100. It’s so good.
16. Growing up, I used to collect baseball cards. Not one sticks out, though.
17. My weirdest fan encounter was when Kate and I went to Slovenia and someone recognized me instead of her!
18. My fantasy is to beat all of the other teams!
19. If I wasn’t playing baseball, I would be doing sports commentary for TV.
20. My first car was a purple Ford Taurus that was nicknamed “The Purple Mongoose.”
21. I’m kinda OCD. I need everything to be perfect. Organization is key.
22. I love sports cars. My dream is a Ferrari. They’re the best. 23. People don’t know that I am a Flonase user, but I have been using it for years.
24. In high school, my nickname was Skippy because I skipped the JV baseball team.
25. Kate tries to put face masks on me because she wants me to look good when I’m old.
Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone?
Us Weekly iPhone app now!
Source: Read Full Article