Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are continuing to forge their own role in the monarchy, separate to that of Kate Middleton and Prince William. After moving out of Kensington Palace and setting up their own royal household, the couple is reportedly set to “break away” from their joint charity with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Royal Foundation, according to royal correspondent Emily Andrews of The Sun.
Andrews reports that “the two couples will go their own way and pursue their charities separately,” but royal aides have told her that this won’t be the end of the “Fab Four” working on individual projects together. The next Royal Foundation meeting on June 19 is expected to confirm the split, Andrews adds.
“The couples have been given two options—the first is to leave things as they are and the second a complete split,” a source told Andrews. “Nothing has been formally ratified but all the mood music is suggesting the Sussexes will break away. The Sussexes weren’t in a rush to make any changes, but the Cambridges were. However it’s a complex procedure and very sensitive.” The insider added that William and Kate have “definite constitutionally-bound roots,” while Harry and Meghan have more freedom.
The Royal Foundation was first established by Prince Harry and Prince William in 2009 and has become an umbrella charity for the younger royals to support a wide variety of organizations focusing on mental health, service, conservation, young people, children in their early years, and empowering communities, according to its website.
The Duchess of Sussex joined the foundation last year and marked her addition to the team by participating in the Royal Foundation Forum with Harry, Kate, and William in February 2018. “We’re particularly happy that it’s our first Royal Foundation Forum with Meghan,” William said at the time.
The charity’s projects range from the Invictus Games to Meghan Markle’s Together cookbook. Just earlier this month, the Cambridges and Sussexes teamed up to launch Shout, a texting hotline for mental health services, via the Royal Foundation’s Heads Together campaign.
Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace declined to comment. However, a spokesman for the Royal Foundation said: “There is a review under way and no decision has been taken.”
Source: Read Full Article