More than six months after Kevin Spacey was first accused of sexual misconduct, his “American Beauty” co-star Mena Suvari has weighed in on the allegations against the actor.
“I think with everything that I’ve been seeing that everyone’s been going through, it’s shocking,” Suvari, 39, told “Megyn Kelly Today” on Tuesday. “It’s really heart-wrenching.”
She continued, “It’s important to focus on the conversation that’s happening and the healing, the victims — the right thing that’s to come out of this. That’s sort of what I try to hope for and focus on the most. It’s something that we’re truly changing and moving out of.”
Despite the allegations against Spacey — who won an Oscar for his portrayal of sexually frustrated suburban father Lester Burnham in the film — Suvari is glad to have worked with him on the 1999 drama.
“For me, having the opportunity to work on ‘American Beauty’ was something that was so special and so beautiful. I was so young and was so grateful to have a job,” she said. “And to be working with such experienced individuals — everyone on that set was wonderful to me … I had a beautiful experience working on that film.”
In October 2017, actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey, now 58, of trying to seduce him when Rapp was just 14 years old.
Spacey came out as gay after the allegation, then reportedly sought “evaluation and treatment” for unspecified issues.
Since then, multiple victims have come forward to accuse Spacey of sexual misconduct, including several alleging sexual assault. Some of the allegations have been investigated by UK police and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
Spacey has since been fired from “House of Cards” and his role in “All the Money in the World” was recast less than two months before its December 2017 release.
Source: Read Full Article