- People are calling out Cardi B on social media after the rapper posted pictures and videos of her lavish Las Vegas birthday celebration.
- The "WAP" rapper turned 28 on Sunday, and celebrated with a massive party filled with family and friends.
- "Bruh thats so irresponsible yall forget we are in a worldwide pandemic," an Instagram user commented on a picture of the festivities.
- "Not a mask in sight…" another person wrote.
- "Happy birthday and whatever, but what about the pandemic?" a different user added.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Cardi B is being called out by people on social media for her "irresponsible" birthday party in Las Vegas on Sunday.
The "WAP" rapper turned 28 on Sunday, and chose to celebrate with a massive gathering of friends and family.
Photos and videos posted to Cardi's Instagram appear to show guests mingling, dancing and yelling without masks. Her guests also weren't following social-distancing measures.
Numerous Instagram users called out the rapper for seemingly ignoring the current coronavirus pandemic and setting a bad example for her more than 76 million followers.
"Bruh that's so irresponsible yall forget we are in a worldwide pandemic," one commenter wrote, while another said, "so celebrities don't think social distancing applies to them too? got it."
Another user wished Cardi a happy birthday, but asked, "what about the pandemic?"
Plenty of people also took issue with the apparent lack of masks being worn at Cardi's celebration.
"Not a mask in sight…," one user commented. Others shared similar statements in the comments, writing "no masks?" and "shoutout to the one dude wearing a mask."
And while some of the comments on Cardi's posts were positive, a majority of them took issue with the way in which she celebrated.
"Girl…. we in a pandemic what is this," one comment read.
Representatives for Cardi B didn't immediately respond to Insider's requests for comment.
The rapper's birthday party also caused a stir because of her apparent reunion with her "estranged" husband, Offset, who gifted her a Rolls Royce SUV. The couple was spotted kissing and dancing together at the celebration on Sunday while friends and family seemingly yelled, "Take him back" and "Black love."
Cardi filed for divorce from the Migos rapper back in September, saying their relationship was "irretrievably broken" and that "there are no prospects for a reconciliation." She also requested full custody of their daughter, Kulture.
Source: Read Full Article