Steven Seagal walked out of a television interview when asked about the sexual assault allegations that have been levied against him in the #MeToo movement.
“You obviously spend a lot of time in Russia, you spend a lot of time in America, you’re making films and so forth,” anchor Kirsty Wark told Seagal, 66, on BBC’s “Newsnight” on Thursday. “In terms of your life in America, you’ve been very much caught up in all the allegations of sexual harassment. You had a rape allegation against you and I wonder how you deal with all that.”
Before Wark even finished her question, the former action star-turned-Russian special envoy promptly removed his microphone and walked off the set.
“Steven Seagal there,” Wark quipped. “And of course although he didn’t respond there, he has said previously that he denies any allegations that have been made against him.”
Seagal has been plagued with allegations of sexual harassment, assault and rape for nearly a year.
Actress Julianna Margulies alleged that Seagal lured her into his hotel room and that he had a gun visible, but that she “somehow got out of there unscathed.”
Portia de Rossi accused Seagal of unzipping his pants in front of her, while Jenny McCarthy alleged Seagal sexually harassed her and urged her to take her clothes off at an audition for “Under Siege 2” so he could see her breasts.
Two other women also accused Seagal of sexual assault.
Regina Simons alleged that Seagal lured her to his home with the promise of a wrap party for the film “On Deadly Ground.” She claimed that when she arrived, no one else was there but Seagal and that he sexually assaulted her in a bedroom. She was in her teens at the time of the alleged incident.
Faviola Dadis claimed when she was 17 years old, Seagal sexually assaulted her in his hotel room during a “private audition” for “Genghis Khan.”
Seagal has vehemently denied all allegations of sexual misconduct, harassment, assault and rape.
Source: Read Full Article