Escape To The Chateau stars Angel and Dick Strawbridge have turned to the walled garden at their French home for comfort after parting ways with Channel 4.
The ebullient pair, whose contract with the broadcaster was terminated last month after nine series and 49 episodes of their reality TV series, where viewers watched them renovate the 19th-century Château de la Motte-Husson, are now enjoying growing lavender in the space they call their ‘sanctuary’.
The couple, who have two children, Arthur and Dorothy, took to Instagram to provide an update to their followers of what they have been doing since their dramatic departure from our screens.
Posting a picture of one of the doors at their newly-renovated home, it came with the caption: “The Chateau’s walled garden is a special sanctuary and was reclaimed by Dick after decades of neglect. The first items Dick planted were some small fruit trees and a row of lavender.
“Our Chateau lavender bags are filled with English Lavender, held in beautifully illustrated fabric and finished with a herringbone ribbon tie, which means if it finally loses its smell, you can simply re-fill it.”
Don’t miss… Police conduct first interviews to determine ‘criminality’ after Titan tragedy[LATEST]
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by The Chateau (@the_chateau_tv)
Although a return to television does not look imminent, they have recently announced a 32-date 2024 theatre tour, which starts in Southend on October 6, runs until November 17.
They said in a statement: “Touring the UK in 2020 and 2022 was such a joy, and we can’t wait to return to the stage to share even more of the adventures, challenges, and successes of building and living our Chateau dream.
“Only so much of our story has been told on the telly. As life at the Chateau continues to evolve, we will share our insight into what it takes to live your dream and build a forever home.”
Channel 4 decided to bring the show to an end in May following an independent investigation into the couple’s conduct on the programme.
Concerns were initially raised by production company Two Rivers Media, while it was reported that the Strawbridges had been clashing with producers.
READ MORE: Tragic aftermath of hot air balloon disaster which killed man in his 20s
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
In an official statement, a Channel 4 spokesperson said: “Following a review, we have taken the decision not to work with Dick and Angel on any new productions in the future.”
Two Rivers also ditched pair, saying: “We can confirm that we will no longer work with Dick and Angel and cannot comment further at the moment.”
Angel then hit the headlines after an audio recording of her swearing at a crew member was leaked, but she and her husband released a statement on Instagram, which read: “It was a Strawbridge Family decision early last year to conclude Escape To The Chateau.
“We know there are lots of stories in the press right now. It’s not worth us even trying to comment or give context, because anything can be made into a good headline. We understand. There are two sides to every story and from the incredible support we have received, most of you know that.
“We are proud of who we are, and we feel we must do what we believe to be correct, that is in fact what kept Escape to the Chateau unique, and whilst we have indeed parted ways with Channel 4, we are hugely grateful to them and their teams for their support and creativity over the years. The future truly could not look more exciting and we thank you for your continued love and support.”
Source: Read Full Article