THIS week I am bringing you some sweet treats that are delicious and so easy to make. I love baking with the kids – it’s a brilliant way of keeping them entertained.
Try out this citrus drizzle cake which takes only 10 minutes to prepare.
Citrus Drizzle Cake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
- 200g softened butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 220g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Zest 1 lemon
- Zest 1 orange
- Zest 1 lime
- 2tbsp milk
For the drizzle:
- 100g caster sugar
- Juice of the lemon and orange
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C/gas mark 4. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs, lemon, orange and lime zest, using an electric whisk or wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a lined 2lb loaf tin and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. When cooked, a skewer or knife poked into the centre of the loaf should come out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the drizzle. In a saucepan, melt the sugar and juice of the lemon and orange.
- Once the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and use a skewer or knife to make lots of little holes all over the top of the cake. While the cake is still hot, pour over the drizzle. The cake should suck up all of the liquid and give a yummy sweet crust.
- Ready to Freeze
- Once cooled completely, cut the cake into slices, wrap in cling film and put in the freezer.
- Ready to Eat
- Remove a slice at a time, leaving to defrost for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Most read in Fabulous
- The Batch Lady: Healthy Family Favourites (£20, HQ) is out now. Also see The Batch Lady Meal Planner (HQ, £9.99).
- Watch Suzanne prepare recipes at thesun.co.uk/batchlady.
Source: Read Full Article