MORE AND more young women seem to be getting eyelash extensions, to not only look beautiful, but to save the faff of having to apply mascara.
But one woman has taken to TikTok to reveal the nightmare she had after her trip to a beautician.
Haley Fetzer wanted to get eyelash extensions but was horrified when she had an allergic reaction shortly after the procedure.
The beauty fan uploaded a video to social media with the caption ‘Really was determined to not have to get them off’.
She said: “POV: You’re allergic to lash extensions.
“Saddest thing ever.”
Read more beauty fails
I got my chin fat dissolved – it didn’t go well and now I’ve got a Turkey neck
I got my fox eye threads removed – it looks like I’ve got golf balls on my face
In the video, Haley shows off the allergic reaction and if you’re squeamish, you may want to look away.
Haley’s eyes are extremely inflamed and very red and it’s safe to say, they don’t look good.
In another image, Haley’s eyes are covered in yellow pus, so again, if you squirm at things like this, you’re bound to have shiver down your back at the sight of this.
In the final part of the video, Haley’s allergic reaction seems to have calmed down – but don’t be fooled, she then pulls down her eyes and we see what is normally the white part of your eye (the sclera) is still extremely red and sore.
Most read in Fabulous
LOUIS THE KING
Royal fans in HYSTERICS as Kate & William break silence on Louis' behaviour
LOUIS THE KING
Harry & Meg's Jubilee appearance 'shows they are obvious outsiders' to Royals
Wills sells Big Issue on the street as he's praised for 'quiet' gesture
I bought my wife a skirt from Mango – she’s worn it as a top for weeks
Haley doesn’t disclose what exactly happened, but when people experience an allergic reaction to their lash extensions, it is most often because they are allergic to cyanoacrylate.
Common allergic reactions to eyelash extensions include swollen eyes and eyelids, redness of the cornea and itchiness or discomfort around the eye area.
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
These symptoms are likely to show up within the first 48 hours post-application.
While an eyelash extension reaction that results in irritation will subside, an allergic reaction worsens overtime.
If you are having eyelash extensions for the first time, take this as a sign to be careful and to do your research first.
If you have any concerns or have had any allergic reactions before, consult your beauty therapist before undergoing the treatment.
Haley’s video has clearly shocked many, as it has racked up a whopping 1.7million views.
It has 60.7k likes and 2,632 shares.
TikTok users were in shock at Haley’s reaction to the eyelash extensions and took to the comments to express this.
Read More on The Sun
I found a terrifying Facebook message that STEALS your money – check your DMs
I’m plus size & went clothes shopping – Primark’s dresses bursted on me
One person said: “OH MY GOD.”
Another added: “OMG same here.”
Source: Read Full Article