Meghan Markle and Prince Harry WILL attend Queen's jubilee with Archie & Lilibet but are banned from balcony

PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle WILL attend the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations despite being snubbed from the Palace balcony.

There was speculation the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would not visit the UK amid an ongoing row over security.

But a spokesperson confirmed today the couple will make the journey from their home in LA with Archie and Lilibet.

The visit will be the first time Harry and Meghan have brought their family to the UK since leaving for the US in 2020.

The news came just minutes after it was revealed the Queen was banning Harry and Meghan from the Buckingham Palace balcony.

A statement said: "Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are excited and honoured to attend The Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children."

Read more royals

Brits to enjoy massive FOUR day Bank Holiday including street parties for Jubilee

Five key reasons the Queen decided NOT to allow Meg, Harry & Andrew on balcony

The Queen is yet to meet 10-month-old Lilibet and has not seen Archie, who turned three today, since Megxit.

The family will not be joining Her Majesty for the traditional Trooping the Colour RAF flypast from the Buckingham Palace balcony.

Only working members of the Royal Family will wave to crowds on The Mall as the monarch celebrates 70 years on the throne.

There were fears they could "hijack or overshadow" the long weekend's events, which take place from June 2 to June 5.

Most read in The Sun

JACK THE LAD

Jack Grealish looking to score with Love Island hopeful after liking her pics

CHELLE'S PAIN

Michelle Heaton in tears on Loose Women over rehab letter from husband

SKY DRAMA

RAF jets escorting plane over London sparks panic – but there's an explanation

fond farewell

Tipping Point fans heartbroken after contestant dies following filming

The announcement comes after Harry sensationally snubbed the Queen again last month in a bombshell interview.

He made a barbed remark about his ongoing row with the UK government over his security that saw him miss Prince Philip's memorial service.

When asked whether he will return to the UK to mark the Platinum Jubilee, Harry told US journalist Hoda Kotb: "I don't know if I'll come. There are lots of issues with security and everything else.

"That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to do everything to make sure my kids can meet her."

Harry has only been back to the UK on three occasions since Megxit in 2020 when he moved to Santa Barbara and stepped down from his role as a senior royal.

The duke came home in July last year to unveil a statue of Princess Diana – around a month after Meghan Markle had given birth.

He also returned to the UK to attend Prince Philip's funeral last April.

Harry then visited the Queen with Meghan – their first joint visit since they quit the royal family.


    Source: Read Full Article