Mum's urgent warning to parents to check their Alexa devices after son's left fighting for his life in tragic accident | The Sun

A MUM has shared an urgent warning to other parents to check their Alexa and associated devices, after her son was left fighting for his life.

Jeru claimed that her toddler Jett managed to get a battery from an Alexa button and swallowed it in the "30 seconds we weren't watching".

"Button batteries are a life-threatening emergency as it almost immediately mixes with saliva causing chemical burns and severe damage to the esophagus and GI tract," she wrote over the top of a video of herself cradling her son in a hospital bed.

While Jett was "asymptomatic", they rushed him to hospital and he has since "gone through multiple serious surgeries, procedures and testing".

"He is still dealing with health issues with possible months of recovery," mum-of-three Jeru added in a reel on her Instagram page.

"If you have little kids, search your home, your technology and your toys for button batteries.

Read more Parenting stories

Mum warns parents to make sure your kids know your phone number by heart

Paramedic issues stark warning on sweet treat kids love but is so dangerous

"You could be saving your kids' life… the fact that he's here is a miracle."

People were quick to comment and offer their support, as one asked: "What toy was it? I feel so bad and would hate for my little to go through the same."

Jeru said that she believes the battery had come from "one of the smart buttons you use to trigger Alexa".

"I threw away all the button batteries of all their toys but we didn’t know the Alexa button would have one too," she said.

Most read in Fabulous


Inside Paris and Tyson Fury’s ‘golden’ £1.7million Morecambe mansion


I divorced after finding love with 'Stranger Things star'…the truth was horrifying


Sue Radford reveals major divide between her kids as they arrive in Florida


People are just realising how pre-packaged sandwiches are really made

"If he was asymptomatic and you weren’t watching him for that 30 seconds, what made you consider he swallowed it?" another asked.

"I’m sure this happens a lot where parents don’t realise it has happened.

"What led to you realising something was wrong if he didn’t have symptoms?"

"Literal gut instinct that he could’ve swallowed something because he threw things on the floor," Jeru replied.

"So glad we listened to it."

Source: Read Full Article