Prince Andrew latest news – Duke's sex abuse trial fate may be decided within HOURS as Maxwell witness breaks silence

PRINCE Andrew is still awaiting a ruling on his bid to have Virginia Giuffre’s sexual assault civil lawsuit against him thrown out of court.

Last Tuesday, New York judge Lewis Kaplan said he would rule “pretty soon” on whether Ms Giuffre can pursue her civil case, and is weighing up whether a settlement agreement between Epstein and Ms Giuffre offers Andrew protection from legal action.

It has also been reported that Prince Andrew’s lawyers could ‘call Maxwell victim for DEFENCE in a bid to prove accuser Virginia Roberts wasn’t victim’.

Prince Andrew denies all the allegations against him and says he does not remember meeting Ms Giuffre.

Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest news and updates…

  • Milica Cosic

    Queen extending popular adventure playground

    The Queen is EXTENDING her popular Kate Middleton-inspired adventure playground on the Royal Sandringham Estate in Norfolk by adding a new tower based on the ruins of an abandoned medieval church.

    Last year the Sandringham Estate, which attracts 500,000 visitors a year, was inspired to build a giant adventure playground modelled on famous local Norfolk landmarks.

    It has proved so popular with visitors, the Queen is now adding a new tower based on the ruins of St Mary the Virgin Church in Appleton, which has been abandoned for over 300 years.

    The new play tower, which is currently under construction, is being modelled on the small round towered church, which has been ruined since the 18th century.

    The Royal estate is also adding additional high-level walkways, landscaping and new seating areas in the playground, which has proved hugely successful since it opened.

  • Milica Cosic

    Virginia Roberts ‘unlikely to accept £3.7m pay off’

    The Duke is currently waiting on tenterhooks for a judge to decide whether Ms Giuffre's civil lawsuit will be ditched.

    If it goes ahead, Andrew will face a full civil trial in New York over claims he sexually abused Ms Giuffre on three occasions in 2001 when she was 17.

    Andrew has always strongly denied all allegations made against him.

    Insiders have claimed Andrew could settle the lawsuit out of court if it goes to trial, with his lawyers keeping the settlement option "on the table" due to the negative impact a court case could have on other senior royals.

    It’s thought that the Duke could have to pay out more than $5million (£3.7million) to persuade her to settle.

    However, according to The Telegraph, Ms Giuffre is unlikely to accept any financial settlement at all – because she wants to send a message that anyone accused of preying on young girls will face the full force of the law.

    The newspaper claims that she would not want to “advance the message” that money makes sexual assault go away.

  • Milica Cosic

    Meghan to get just £1 from High Court privacy win

    THE Duchess of Sussex will get just £1 from her High Court privacy win.

    Meghan, 40, agreed to accept nominal damages from the Mail on Sunday.

    Last month, the newspaper was ruled to have invaded her privacy by publishing a 2018 letter the duchess sent to her dad Thomas Markle.

    Associated Newspapers will also pay a sum for infringing copyright and a large part of Meghan’s £1.5million costs.

    In March, the High Court ruled in her favour after she sued. The Court of Appeal then rejected a bid by Associated to have the verdict overturned.

    Meghan, wed to Prince Harry, was forced to apologise to the court for forgetting emails used to brief the authors of biography Finding Freedom.

  • Milica Cosic

    Prince Andrew settles £6.6MILLION debt with socialite for ski resort

    PRINCE Andrew has finally settled his £6.6 million debt with a socialite, which will allow him to fund his sex abuse lawsuit, it has been claimed.

    Former pal Isabelle de Rouvre, 74, sold the Swiss ski chalet to the Duke of York and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, in 2014 for £18million.

    While the agreement was that the house would be paid for in installments, Ms de Rouvre claims the Yorks were unable to meet a deadline for repayment.

    They were sued for £6.6 million including interest in 2020.

    However, the matter has now been resolved as the Duke paid his debt last year, the Mail Online reported.

  • Milica Cosic

    Kate Middleton’s ‘appeal’

    A royal expert has claimed that Kate Middleton holds the ‘appeal’ and ‘power’ to one day be Queen.

    Roberta Fiorito, host of Royally Obsessed, said: “If you look at the Royal Family, we have the Queen, everyone adores the Queen.

    “She is a huge figurehead that people around the world look to, but she [Kate] goes beyond the Queen, I think Kate holds so much an appeal, so much power.

    “She is kind the matriarchy waiting, I know that we have Camilla, and obviously she is perhaps gonna be Queen when Charles comes the throne certainly be the kind of most senior women in the Family, in terms of that kind of brand of the Royal Family. 

    “And the whole world, why they are interested? Why they want to keep reading about the Royals. I think Kate is completely pivotal to that, there is a huge amount riding on her, but I think she will continue to kind of let that too much to her.”

  • Milica Cosic

    Revealed: The Queen’s favourite fast food

    THE QUEEN’S former chef revealed the Monarch’s fast food favourite, despite tending to avoid the convenient meals on the whole.

    Pro chef Darren O’Grady worked in the royal kitchen for 15 years and has revealed that the Queen dodges fast food as a rule but there was one thing that she really enjoyed.

    But, unlike most people we know, she didn’t hop on the bus down to McDonald’s or Burger King to get her fast food fix, instead having her kitchen team prepare her a meat patty from scratch.

    Darren said: “It always tickled me at Balmoral, we would make our own burgers. They would shoot deer, and we would do venison burgers.

    “There’d be gorgeous cranberry… stuffed into them, but we never set buns out.”

  • Milica Cosic

    Royal news you may have missed

    • Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle “wanted to appear friendly” at Wimbledon as Kate attempted to include Meghan “for the first time since she married Prince Harry”.
    • Princess Charlotte was spotted carrying a £6 Beanie Baby unicorn purse at the polo last week.
    • And Meghan had Idris Elba play “bare tunes” like Whitney Houston at her royal wedding

    Charles on making Camilla Queen

    An expert has warned Prince Charles that he will need the backing of Number 10 if he is to make his wife Camilla Queen. 

    Dr Robert Morris, from University College London’s Constitution Unit told Express.co.uk that Charles would need government approval if he were to change this. 

    He said: “What we have thought in the Constitution Unit was that Charles would be wise to discuss this matter with the Prime Minister of the day.

    “He really has to have the Government behind him if he wants to make the lady Queen, I think.

    “Although opinion over Camilla has changed quite radically in recent years, it’s still a tender point.

    “And the new King would be well advised to have the Government behind him in this matter.”

    Prince Harry ‘thinking about skipping Oscars’ over Diana film

    Sources in the US say the Duke of Sussex doesn’t want to run into Kristen Stewart during awards season following her portrayal as Princess Diana.

    The actress is likely to be nominated for an Academy Award for her role in the film Spencer.

    The source told OK! US that Spencer “struck a sour note with Harry”.

    They said: “He’s pretty appalled by the film.

    “[Meghan and Harry] have been invited to all the big events and planned on attending the Oscars too, but they’d almost certainly come face-to-face with Stewart since she’s a lock for a best actress nomination.”

    • Milica Cosic

      Andrew still waiting ruling

      PRINCE Andrew is still awaiting a ruling on his bid to have Virginia Giuffre’s sexual assault civil lawsuit against him thrown out of court.

      Last Tuesday, New York judge Lewis Kaplan said he would rule “pretty soon” on whether Ms Giuffre can pursue her civil case, and is weighing up whether a settlement agreement between Epstein and Ms Giuffre offers Andrew protection from legal action.

      It has also been reported that Prince Andrew’s lawyers could ‘call Maxwell victim for DEFENCE in a bid to prove accuser Virginia Roberts wasn’t victim’.

      Prince Andrew denies all the allegations against him and says he does not remember meeting Ms Giuffre.

    • Milica Cosic

      Inside Prince Andrew’s £17m Swiss chalet

      Unseen snaps show its pool, living area and one of seven bedrooms.

      Another pricey touch is a £5,600 Ball Chair.

      The Duke of York, 61, faces soaring legal costs over sex assault claims, which he denies.

      With ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, 62, he paid £7million for the chalet in 2014.

      It is still registered in their names but they are said to have a buyer.

      A source said: “It’s one of the best properties in Verbier.

      “The attention to detail is painstaking.”

      Source: Read Full Article