PRINCE Harry WON'T return to the UK this month for Prince Philip's special memorial.
The Duke of Sussex, 37, confirmed today that he won't be coming back to Britain for his late grandfather's thanksgiving service.
It comes after Harry's fierce row and legal case over security – as he demanded his own protection officers in the UK.
The Queen's beloved husband Prince Philip passed away on April 9 last year at the age of 99.
A thanksgiving ceremony will take place at Westminster Abbey on March 29 – and will likely see large numbers of the royal family attending.
The Duke's friends, colleagues and representatives of organisations he supported are also said to be attending the service.
But it's now been confirmed that the Duke's grandson, Prince Harry, won't be leaving his Californian home to come to the anniversary event.
Last month, Harry launched his High Court fight over security, insisting he wants to bring his children Archie and Lilibet to the UK but he “does not feel safe” under the current security arrangements.
READ MORE ON PRINCE HARRY
Meghan & Harry ‘intervene’ in politics as they criticise UK over Covid vaccines
Meg’s pic spotted pride of place at Charles & Camilla’s house despite rift
He was told in court his demands to be allowed to pay for 24-hour armed protection when he visits here from the US were unreasonable because British police are not “guns for hire”.
Becoming the first member of the Royal Family to sue the Government, the Duke of Sussex, claimed in London’s High Court that he should be given taxpayer-funded armed guards.
Papers filed by his lawyers called the decision to remove his security after Megxit two years ago “unlawful”.
Harry’s legal team stated that he wishes to return to the UK “to see family and friends”.
They added: “Most of all, this is and always will be his home.”
Harry, 37, is suing over the decision not to grant him police protection for himself and his family while in Britain — which he has offered to pay for.
The court heard Harry claimed he made the payment offer in January 2020 but the Home Office say it was only made last September.
Most read in The Sun
Reason Gray Atkins quit EastEnders revealed after dramatic killer storyline
Russia accuses pregnant woman of FAKING injuries in pic that shocked world
Ex Man Utd star looks unrecognisable as he rides bike after driving ban
Lorraine Kelly in BOMB THREAT as box addressed to her sparks ITV evacuation
Source: Read Full Article