If you can refrain from dripping ketchup on your knee or sitting in something nasty on the tube, one pair will sort your out this season.
What we love about white jeans is their ability to look so smart or super casual – and so much of it comes down to the styling.
Miranda Kerr opts for a more tailored, flared cut with creases pressed through the front. By pairing this shape with heels and a smart top, she looks ready for business but also chic enough to stop for drinks in the sunshine (in our dream world where the health-obsessed ex-Victoria Secret Angel boozes).
Khloe Kardashian is a huge fan of white jeans in the ripped, skintight variety – here she is rocking them with a long sleeved top and killer lace-up booties.
But, without a doubt, the queen of white jeans is Gigi Hadid. The model makes them work for every occasion and loves every style whether it be skinny, kick-flare or cropped. Our favourite look of hers is the off-duty outfit where she wears a shredded, straight-leg pair with a crop top, slouchy oversized cardigan and Gucci backless loafers lined with fur. Cosy but cool.
Pick your pair of white jeans and wear them to work, on the weekend, on a date and even for a night out on the town.
Wide-leg and flared cuts are by the far the smartest option you can go for and take us back to the days when Clare Waight Keller was the Creative Director of Chloe – channel that feeling with tan accessories and neutral tones of peach and pale pink. Smarten up a romantic, Bohemian look with a structured blazer when you're in the boardroom.
- Double-breasted blazer, £79.99 from Mango – buy here
- Wide-leg jeans, £42 from River Island – buy here
- Leather bag, £69.99 from H&M – buy here
- Ruffled T-shirt, £12.99 from H&M – buy here
- Wooden sandals, £46 from Topshop – buy here
On a date
Believe it or not, white jeans can have serious sex appeal. Whether your summer dates involve a cutesy picnic in the park or a spot of flamenco dancing, go full on 1950s Lolita with a kick-flare cut, pretty polka dots and glossy rouge lips. For a sleek look, sweep your hair into a low bun or blow it out into big curls for something a little more special.
- Lip Lustre in Red Vixen, £17.50 from Charlotte Tilbury at Feel Unique – buy here
- Kick-flare jeans, £7 from New Look – buy here
- Polka-dot top, £18 from Booohoo – buy here
- Hoop earrings, £10 from Warehouse – buy here
- Leather sandals, £56 from Steve Madden at House of Fraser – buy here
On the weekend
White jeans work perfectly for the weekend and provide an easy base for layering (because lets face it, summer doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon). Style a shredded, straight-leg pair a la Gigi Hadid with a slouchy oversized cardigan and easy, backless loafers – H&M's floral-print pair is perfect for warmer climes.
- Hobo bag, £14.99 from – buy here
- Straight-leg jeans, £25.99 from H&M – buy here
- Mohair-blend cardigan, £14.99 from H&M – buy here
- Floral-print slippers, £17.99 from H&M – buy here
- Ribbed tank top, £12.99 from New Look – buy here
On a night out
Skinnies still reign supreme for all-out glamour. Pair white jeans with a plunging bodysuit that shows just a hint of skin (the skin-tight silhouette is sexy enough) and silver accents but use sequins sparingly – Accessorize's rainbow striped pouch may be dinky but it will still fit your phone, keys and makeup essentials.
- Plunge bodysuit, £15 from Boohoo – buy here
- Shredded skinny jeans, £40 from Topshop – buy here
- Metallic sandals, £21 from Faith at Debenhams – buy here
- Sequinned pouch, £29 from Accessorize – buy here
- Hoop earrings, £6 from Claire's – buy here
Looking for more staples to add to your wardrobe?
Read our guide to finding the perfect white T-shirt according to your style, shape and size.
Or, if you're looking for more advice on how to rock the latest trends, see how to wear double denim and cowboy boots.
Source: Read Full Article