Solange is out, but Janelle Monáe, Kacey Musgraves and so many others are in — and so are the Coachella set times.
Childish Gambino will perform the first headline set of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival at 11:25 p.m. on Friday, April 12 on the main Coachella Stage, following Monáe, according to set times announced Wednesday by event producer Goldenvoice.
Tame Impala will perform at 10:35 p.m. Saturday, April 13 on the Coachella Stage and Ariana Grande will present her headlining set Sunday, April 14 at 10:30 p.m.
Moving into the prime slot on the Saturday Outdoor Theater stage, which presumably might have gone to Solange had she not pulled out of the festival due to “production” problems, is 17-year-old Billie Eilish, whose album, “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” made history this week by debuting at No. 1 with more than 300,000 unit sales, making her the first person born in the 2000s to have a No. 1 album.
The performances at the Empire Polo Club and Eldorado Polo Club in Indio, Calif., start at noon Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Stream Coachella live: YouTube expands Coachella 2019 coverage to both weekends, including Kanye’s Easter service
Local DJ Alf Alpha and Coachella Valley cumbia band Ocho Ojos both secured sweet spots. Alf Alpha performs at 2:15 p.m. Sunday on the Coachella Stage; Ocho Ojos will play at 7:40 p.m. Sunday on the Sonora Stage.
No additional details were provided about Kanye West’s Sunday Service on Easter Sunday during Weekend 2.
Passes to this weekend’s three-day event sold out in January within hours of the announcement of the lineup. However, there are still ways you can get tickets. There’s a wait list for Weekend 1, and passes on sale for Weekend 2.
Want to get prepared for the music festival? Sign up for our email newsletter, or check out our latest coverage:
- Weekend 2: Coachella Weekend 2 passes still available; ticket includes admission to Kanye’s Sunday Service
- Weekend 1: How to get passes to Coachella Weekend 1
- Rideshare: Headed to Coachella? Avoid traffic with these alternative transportation options
- Freeways: Coachella and Stagecoach are here and these are the freeways that will be most affected
- Road closures: Coachella, Stagecoach weekends are near and these roads will be closed or full of traffic
- Signals: Indio has new traffic signals, but they’re only for Coachella and Stagecoach
- Solange: Knowles cancels Coachella performance due to ‘production delays’
- Exclusive: Photos of Kanye West’s special ‘church’ under construction
- Kanye: Kanye to perform his Sunday Service on Easter during Coachella; more Weekend 2 passes on sale
- Kanye: Kanye is coming back to perform at Coachella with his Easter Sunday service
- Smaller print: Finding new favorites is what Coachella’s all about. Here are 10 lesser-known acts to see
Source: Read Full Article