FA Cup photographer filmed leaping around

‘Working class ballet’ Watch as FA Cup videographer FORGETS to film goal celebrations while leaping for joy when his club equalised

  • Clip of Liam Emmerson, a digital content creator at Grimsby Town FC, has been watched by more than 3.5 million people since it was shared on Saturday
  • Captures moment videographer Liam leapt with joy after striker Harry Clifton scored to earn the Mariners a replay in their FA Cup match against Luton Town 
  • Read more: Amber Gill cheers on rumoured girlfriend Jen Beattie to victory during a ‘wholesome’ day watching football 

Footage of a videographer wildly celebrating his lower league team’s FA Cup goal – when he was supposed to be capturing the moment on camera – has gone viral.

Liam Emmerson, a digital content creator at Grimsby Town, was captured on BBC Sport’s footage leaping high in the air with his long lens camera after his team equalised in Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Luton Town – earning them a shock replay against the Championship club. 

More than 3.5million people have now watched the moment an ecstatic Emmerson launches himself into the air when the net billows – and his football club’s chairman has called his response ‘working class ballet’. 

Scroll down for video 

Footage of a jubilant Liam Emmerson, a digital content creator at Grimsby Town, trying to celebrate AND film his club’s goal celebrations has now been viewed by more than 3.5million people following the FA Cup tie between Grimsby and Luton Town on Saturday

Club Chairman Jason Stockwood tweeted yesterday: ‘The beautiful irony that one of the clubs most viewed videos ever features the man who makes all our brilliant videos. 

‘Well done @liamemmerson you prove football truly is working class ballet. #gtfc’

Emmerson offered a more sheepish reponse, simply tweeting ‘Oh hell!’. 

Fans watching the clip loved the fact that Emmerson was so engaged. 

@StevenBMedia tweeted: ‘Brilliant! This is what we all want to see. Don’t forget to get the shot son.’ 

@pforrester12 commented: ‘With that leap Liam could do a job at set pieces’.

Emmerson was caught on camera leaping into the air as Grimsby Town’s Harry Clifton celebrated levelling the match 2-2 on Saturday, earning the club a replay

Harry Clifton, wearing the team’s eye-catching third kit, is seen celebrating his goal for the League Two club

Local boy Harry Clifton ensured that League Two Grimsby earned themselves a replay at Luton and with it the prospect of fishing out a plumb fifth round draw.

Moments after falling behind having squandered a first-half lead, Clifton drove forward to spear in a deserved 67th-minute equaliser at Kenilworth Road.

The midfielder, who came through the ranks at his boyhood club, even had the chance to cause an FA Cup shock late on, but scuffed his shot and saw it cleared by Luton substitute Fred Onyedinma.

Backed by nearly 1,500 Mariners fans and at least 100 inflatable haddocks, the visitors belied their status to harry mid-table Championship side Luton at every turn.

Elijah Adebayo skied an early shot for the hosts, but that was the sum total of their efforts in an even first period.

Indeed, it was Grimsby who took the lead just before the interval.

Gavin Holohan sized up a bouncing ball and let fly from 25 yards with a volley that dipped viciously at the last second, causing Horvath to tip it over at full stretch.

A deep corner then reached the midfielder whose header possessed direction but seemed to lack the power needed to beat Horvath.

Gavan Holohan gave the Mariners a shock lead with a header just before the half-time whistle

Somehow, though, it squeezed past the Luton keeper and into the far corner to give the League Two side the lead.

It took Luton just three minutes of the second half to equalise. Bryn Morris tripped Gabe Osho to give Adebayo the chance to beat Max Crocombe from the penalty spot.

When Jordan then sent in a thigh-high shot which struck Crocombe’s hand but still spun over the line, it seemed that Luton would seal their passage.

Instead, Clifton equalised less than 60 seconds later to leave Grimsby hoping for a first fifth round tie since 1996.

Source: Read Full Article