Fit mum, 43, shares her simple four-week reset to transform your body before the end of the year – and the EXACT diet behind her physique
- Fit mother and PE teacher Belinda Norton shared her simple four-week challenge
- Belinda Norton, 43, said following it will set good new habits for the new year
- The 43-year-old dedicates one week to incline, distance, speed and reviving
- Belinda’s day on a plate for detoxification has raw almonds, berries and salmon
A fit mother from the Gold Coast has shared her simple four-week challenge to transform your physique in weeks – and she claims it will help you to reset your body during the festive season.
Belinda Norton, 43, said setting a new habit for 2021 is all about intention and consistency, and there is no time like the present to get started.
‘My December weekly challenge is all about helping you to find focus and maintain motivation in the busiest month of the year,’ Belinda posted on her Instagram page.
A fit mother from the Gold Coast has shared her simple four-week challenge to transform your physique in weeks (Belinda Norton pictured)
WEEK ONE: INCLINE WEEK
The first week is all about incline and increasing your general cardiovascular fitness.
‘Complete one of your typical workouts and then add going upwards daily,’ Belinda said.
This could include but is not exclusive to climbing stairs, walking or running up hills, using an incline machine or hiking up a mountain.
While you’re doing this, the PE teacher recommends you also think about cleaning up your diet, and you could do this by limiting sugar and salt, avoiding things like juices and processed sugar and upping your daily intake of leafy green vegetables.
‘If our prime food source is preserved with either salt or sugar we are prone to fluid retention and swelling especially around our joints,’ Belinda told FEMAIL.
‘A quality food lifestyle of nutrient-loaded whole foods is key to longevity and skin suppleness.’
If the first week is all about improving your longevity and ability to go for longer, then the second week is about improving your speed (Belinda pictured after a speed run)
WEEK TWO: SPEED WEEK
If the first week is all about improving your ability to go for longer, then the second week is about improving your speed.
Try to complete a workout at least four times this week, and then add some speed training, whether it’s on a bike, running, shuttle runs on a tennis court or speed high intensity interval training sets.
Belinda said speed training is a fantastic way to shed fat fast, and she often does this work at around 4.30 or 5pm before returning home for a wholefood-rich dinner.
In week three, Belinda said you should focus on restoring your mind through activities like Pilates and yoga, to stretch the body (pictured stretching)
WEEK THREE: STRETCH AND REVIVE WEEK
In week three, Belinda said you should focus on restoring your mind and setting your intentions for the New Year.
She does this with a week of ‘stretching and reviving’ herself.
‘Complete your workouts as normal, and then add yoga, Pilates, massage, meditation and a facial,’ she explained.
The 43-year-old said doing this will help to ‘free up your mind by Christmas Day’.
What is Belinda’s ideal day on a plate for detoxification?
* BREAKFAST: Eggs with wholegrain toast and a side of baby spinach. Piccolo latte.
* MORNING TEA: Mixed berries and a cup of almond milk.
* MAIN MEAL: Barbecue chicken or tofu with raw broccoli and cauliflower with a splash of teriyaki seasoning and hemp seeds, cooked for two minutes in the microwave.
* AFTERNOON TEA: Raw roasted almonds, mini cucumbers and a small carrot.
* HYDRATION: Either water or coconut water.
* DINNER: Glazed salmon with brown rice and bok choy with green leafy vegetables.
Finally, Belinda (pictured) said the last week of this year should be dedicated to distance, whether this is a long walk, bike ride, swim, surf or mountain trek
WEEK FOUR: DISTANCE WEEK
Finally, Belinda revealed the last week of this year should be dedicated to distance.
‘Complete your workout and add distance cardio which is longer than one hour and 15 minutes,’ she said.
This could be a long walk, bike ride, swim, surf or mountain trek.
Aim to go for as long as two and a half hours to see real gains or changes in your body.
What are Belinda’s eight life lessons?
1. I realised life was extremely short and if I’m lucky I’ll have 80 years of life. Currently I am over halfway and I have zero regrets.
2. Health cannot be bought so unless I do it no one else can for me. So I owned my choices with no more victim mentality as I chose the food I chewed and swallowed and I sat on the lounge.
3. Food is way more important than exercise and water even more crucial for the skin and body function.
4. Being stressed only takes good moments from our life; it steals our time and causes disease within the body.
5. Move your body with varying speed daily; lift weights regularly and always stretch.
6. Sleep soundly by stating two grateful moments as your head relaxes onto the pillow.
7. The sun will give you energy and the sunrise will provide positivity even on the harshest heartbreaks.
8. Be unapologetically you; be honest, give back as often as you can and never doubt your abilities. Anything is possible.
Source: Read Full Article