EASTER weekend is just around the corner, with many families enjoying a long weekend thanks to two bank holidays.
If you need to get some shopping done, or prepare an Easter feast, here's everything you need to know about Waitrose opening hours and delivery slots.
Will Waitrose be open over Easter?
The Easter weekend officially begins with the Good Friday bank holiday, which is on April 10 this year.
Waitrose says that most stores will be open on the Friday, Saturday and Monday.
But the first hour of every day is dedicated to vulnerable customers or keyworkers because of coronavirus.
- Good Friday (April 10) – the majority of Waitrose shops will be open from 08:00 – 20:00.
Some Little Waitrose shops will be opening from 07:00 – 22:00.
- Easter Saturday (April 11) – most Waitrose shops will trade normal hours.
- Easter Sunday (April 12) – all shops in England and Wales will be closed.
- Easter Monday (April 13) 0 the majority of Waitrose shops will be open from 09:00 – 18:00.
Some Little Waitrose shops will have slightly longer opening hours of 07:00 – 22:00.
Most Shell and Welcome Break stores will trade as usual, with some Welcome Breaks closed and others now open for 24 hours.
Customers should check the opening times of their local store here.
Will Waitrose be doing home delivery?
Waitrose is still offering home delivery and click and collect, but like many supermarkets it is struggling to cope with demand because of coronavirus.
There are currently no slots available before Easter, the supermarket says it is releasing new slots daily, so it is worth checking back.
If you have to shop in store, Waitrose is asking customers to observe social distancing in its stores.
The supermarket is also limiting the number of customers in shops at any one time.
It is asking customers to shop in a cashless and contactless way where possible to prevent unnecessary contact.
When are the Easter holidays 2019?
This year Good Friday falls on April 10 and Easter Monday is on April 13.
Most schools have already broken up for the Easter holidays.
Dates vary in different areas so you should check your school or council's website.
It is not yet clear whether schools will open again after the Easter holidays or if they will still be shut because of coronavirus.
When are the bank holiday dates for 2020?
Here is the full list of upcoming 2020 bank holidays in England and Wales.
Dates in Scotland and Northern Ireland vary.
- Friday, April 10 (Good Friday)
- Monday, April 13 (Easter Monday)
- Monday, May 8 (Early May Bank Holiday)
- Monday, May 25 (Spring Bank Holiday)
- Monday, August 31 (Summer Bank Holiday)
- Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Monday, December 28 (substitute Boxing Day)
Easter 2020: what date is it this year and why does it change each year?
Easter Universal Credit, benefits and tax credit payment dates explained.
Chocolate fans queue to get onto Cadbury’s website to buy Easter eggs – but it’s stopped taking orders.
Source: Read Full Article