Piers Morgan takes swipe at former ITV boss as she addresses Meghan Markle ‘row’

Piers Morgan has appeared to reignite his "feud" with former ITV boss Carolyn McCall.

The TV presenter quit Good Morning Britain last year over his comments in the wake of Meghan Markle's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.

He walked off set live on air during filming of the breakfast show back in March 2021.

READ MORE: Piers Morgan brands Harry and Meghan 'repulsive hypocrites' over Netflix trailer

TalkTV star Piers made dismissive comments about the Duchess of Sussex's claim that she faced mental health struggles as a senior royal, which she made during the highly publicised CBS interview with Oprah.

Prince Harry's wife allegedly contacted Dame Carolyn "demanding Piers' head on a plate", which he says resulted in him being "forced out" of ITV.

However, in a new with The Sunday Times, Dame Carolyn has denied Meghan’s letter influenced Piers’ departure.

Dame Carolyn's chat with the publication prompted Piers to hit back at the comments on Twitter, using the late Queen's original response to Harry and Meghan's suggestions of palace racism.

Piers wrote "Recollections may vary" before he adding an eye-roll emoji.

The controversial TV personality saw Ofcom rule that he was not in the wrong over what he said on GMB, which saw him clash with weatherman Alex Beresford, who criticised Piers for his coverage on the breakfast show.

At the time, Piers refused to listen and eventually said: “I'm not having this”, before he upped and left the set.

He returned to finish the show, but went on to depart the programme hours after the heated clash, bringing an end to his six-year stint on the show.

The broadcaster announced Piers had quit GMB in March last year, writing in a statement: "Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?

Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

"ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

It comes as the royal family has become embroiled in controversy once again following the release of Meghan and Prince Harry ’s explosive trailer for their highly anticipated upcoming Netflix documentary series.

The trailer for the upcoming Netflix series shows never-before-seen photos of the couple who are parents to Archie and Lilbet, as well as snaps from their own childhoods.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here

READ NEXT:

  • Piers Morgan tells Matt Hancock he would give him a 'good kicking' in brutal dig

  • Piers Morgan rumbled scandalous Ulrika Jonsson affair and went on national TV to 'gloat'

  • Piers Morgan reveals he would 'rather eat own testicles' than appear on I'm A Celebrity

Source: Read Full Article