Sacha Baron Cohen says Mark Zuckerberg needs to go next after Trump defeat

Sacha Baron Cohen has taken a swipe at Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.

The Borat creator shared a photo, accompanied by a very barbed comment in light of President Trump's defeat.

Taking to his Twitter page, the 49-year-old comedian shared a photo of Zuckerberg shaking the hand of Donald Trump at the White House.

Sacha simply captioned the shot: "One down. One to go."

Baron Cohen has been extremely critical of Zuckerberg in the past and took aim at him during his keynote address at an ADL conference in November last year.

He started his speech by saying: "Democracy which depends on shared truths is in retreat and autocracy which depends on shared lies is on the march.

"Hate crimes are surging as are murderous attacks on religious and ethnic minorities.

"I’m just a comedian and an actor, I’m not a scholar, but one thing is pretty clear to me, all this hate and violence is being facilitated by a handful of internet companies that amount to the great propaganda machine in history."

He then went onto claim that social media companies are "largely protected" in terms of liability with the content they post – "no matter how indecent".

Baron Cohen then alleged: "Last month [October 2019] however, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook unsurprisingly warned against laws and regulations on companies like his.

"Well, some of these arguments are simply, pardon my French, b***s***."

On Saturday morning, as multiple networks said Trump was heading for a presidential defeat, Baron Cohen took to his Twitter page once more to make his feelings known.

He said: "Donald – you're out of work and I know I offered you a job. But your performance this past week was tragic and sad."

He added: "Offer rescinded."

Source: Read Full Article