TURKEY is one of the most popular destinations already for Brits this summer, and the country has been given another boost with the announcement of plans to allow UK tourists without Covid vaccines or tests.
The country's tourism board has said that it is planning to review travel restrictions and entry requirements after April 15.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
The country's tourism minister Mehmet Ersoy said: ""I expect there will be no such requirement from British visitors as the UK Government is rapidly, and impressively, rolling out the vaccination program for the whole nation and a significant portion of the population will be vaccinated by early summer."
The country has also set up a priority vaccination programme for staff at hotels and other tourist facilities to prepare for the summer season.
Of course, foreign holidays are still banned for Brits, with the government reviewing the ban on April 12 and borders reopening no earlier than May 17.
There is no certainty that foreign holidays will go ahead at all this summer, but several countries including Cyprus, Greece and Turkey have said that they are in talks with the UK government about travel corridors.
For those happy to book a break while there is still uncertainty around travel, there are a number of cheap deals to be had on Turkey holidays.
- British Airways Holidays 7 night Bodrum holidays from £359pp
- Thomas Cook 7 night Turkey holidays from £220pp
- Travel Republic 7 night Antalya holidays from £193pp
- Holiday Pirates 7 nights all inclusive 5* Turkey holiday from £255pp
- Easyjet Holidays June 7-night Turkey holidays from £178pp
- Easyjet 7 nights 5* all-inclusive Paloma Grida Hotel, Belek from £596pp
- Easyjet 7 nights 5* all-inclusive Eftalia Marin Hotel, Antalya from £478pp
- TUI June 7-night Turkey holidays from £285pp
- TUI 4T Splashworld Holiday 7 nights Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & Spa, Izmir from £634pp
- TUI Magic Life 4T all-inclusive Bodrum 7 nights from £599pp
- Jet2Holidays Turkey 7-night self-catering holidays June from £319pp
- Jet2Holidays Turkey 7-night all-inclusive holidays June from £441pp
- Jet2Holidays 7 nights 5* all-inclusive June Fantasia Deluxe Hotel, Izmir from £548pp
- Jet2Holidays 7 nights 5* all-inclusive The Raga Side Hotel, Antalya from £754
- Love Holidays Turkey holidays for 7-nights from £101pp
Turkey launched a ‘Safe Tourism Certification Program’ last year, which is now compulsory for hotels and other accommodation with 30 rooms or more.
All hotels certified under the scheme provide testing facilities for tourists so they can get test results, if needed, before departing Turkey for the UK or elsewhere.
Tests cost approximately €30 and are also available to be carried out at the country’s international airports.
Tourists visiting Turkey are also offered an insurance package, from €15, which covers Covid-related expenses like treatment, medication and emergency care costs if visitors are taken to a state-owned or private pandemic hospital during their stay in Turkey.
If you're looking for more holiday inspiration, we've found cheap all inclusive holidays for this summer and there are many cheap package holidays.
For breaks in the UK, holiday parks are offering huge bargains and we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
We've also rounded up great deals in the UK's warmest places and found the best kid-friendly beaches and England's best family-friendly seaside towns.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article