The Balearic Islands can be ideal for Brits after a holiday in the sunshine that doesn't require heaps of travel (or breaking the bank).
The archipelago sits off the eastern coast of Spain so flight times tend to be less than three hours from the UK, and there are often cheap holidays to be found throughout the year.
We've put together a guide to the Balearic Islands including what type of holiday they're best suited to (think family breaks, romantic getaways or walking spots).
Although there are plenty of islands, we've focused on the big four; Majorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera.
For an extra helping hand, we've also searched out some of the top deals for each one we think you won't want to miss.
Happy holiday hunting!
Not sure the Balearics are quite right for you? We also have a Canary Islands guide with plenty of holiday inspiration.
BEST FOR: Family holidays, activity holidays
If you're after a holiday that offers a mixture of beaches, culture and nightlife then Majorca could be the ideal spot.
There are plenty of brilliant things to do in Majorca including fun days out with the kids, while the island's top beaches boast sandy shores and crystal-clear, swim-friendly waters which can be great for families.
Majorca holiday deals:
- Absolutely Travel offers seven nights from £343pp based on a 20th July departure from Birmingham, with four people sharing a room.
- TUI offers seven nights from £343pp based on a Tuesday 11th June departure from Belfast on an all-inclusive basis.
- On the Beach offers seven nights from £369.18pp based on a September departure from London Southend on a room only basis.
BEST FOR: Parties, couples' getaways
Ibiza's party scene is the stuff of legends and this year is set to be as fun as ever – check out our Ibiza 2019 events guide for a round-up of the ones not to miss.
Of course it's not just pool and beach raves that draw holidaymakers to the island.
There are also some pretty incredible beaches to be found, not to mention that there are some quieter spots across the island for couples looking for a romantic break.
There are family-friendly resorts here too, but it tends to be revellers and couples who flock here during peak seasons.
Ibiza holiday deals
- Absolutely Travel offers seven nights from £498pp based on a 20th July departure from Manchester, with four people sharing a room.
- First Choice offers seven nights from £407pp based on a 7th June departure from London Gatwick on an all-inclusive basis.
- LoveHolidays offers seven nights from £363pp based on a 14th October departure from London Stansted.
BEST FOR: Family holidays, activity holidays, foodies
From its beautiful beaches to picturesque walking trails, Menorca offers heaps of spots to explore for those who don't like to spend all of their time poolside.
There are plenty of family-friendly restaurants, hotels and beaches across the island making this a popular spot during peak seasons, as well as fun days out including water park Splash Sur Menorca.
Oh, and foodies can also get their fill thanks to the plethora of restaurants serving up delicious seafood and local delicacies.
Menorca holiday deals
Absolutely Travel offers seven nights from £515pp based on a 20th July departure from London, with four people sharing a room.
LoveHolidays offers seven nights from £280pp based on May and June departures on an all-inclusive basis.
TUI offers seven nights from £491pp based on a 29th June departure from Manchester on an all-inclusive basis.
BEST FOR: Couples' getaways, walking holidays
If you're looking for hustle and bustle, then this isn't the island for you.
Still, Formentera offers up some pretty beautiful beaches and coastal spots, making it a hit with those who like a leisurely stroll away from the crowds.
The island is often tipped to be the quieter 'little sister' of Ibiza. In fact it's just half an hour by boat from the party island so it's often a hit with day trippers looking to explore its sandy shores.
Still it's relatively quiet compared to the other three large islands, especially if you're staying and can make the most of the peaceful evenings.
Formentera holiday deals
- Expedia offers seven night breaks from £544pp based on a June departure from Manchester.
- Lastminute.com offers seven night breaks from £503pp based on a June departure from Birmingham.
Source: Read Full Article