WHILE June has been a mixed bag weather-wise, things are looking up again for some summer heat.
According to the Met Office, there's going to be six-day "heatwave" in July, making it an ideal time for a break with the family.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
Temperatures are set to shoot up by 11C in the space of just seven days by the end of this month – and temperatures are expected to get hotter still in early July, according to some forecasters.
The Met Office predicts that most parts of Britain will bask in some warm weather during the first half of July.
Temperatures could climb to 27C in the South East and London on July 6 as part of a six-day "heatwave".
Those looking to make the most of the temperature rise can find some great deals on UK breaks next month:
- Snaptrip July breaks from £196 per stay
- Warner Leisure July breaks from £339 per person
- Haven July breaks from £120 per stay
- Holiday Cottages 3-night July breaks from £266 per stay
- Park Dean Resorts July breaks from £199 per stay
- Sykes Holiday Cottages July breaks from £237 per stay
- Last Minute Cottages July breaks from £234 per stay
- John Fowler 3-night breaks for Devon, Cornwall and Somerset from £274
- VRBO 3-night summer seaside deals from £127
Netweather said of the start of July: "There is a signal for pressure to become relatively high to the east of the UK which may result in rather warmer weather establishing especially in the east of Britain, with winds blowing from the south or south west, and potential for thundery outbreaks."
A Met Office forecaster said: "From July 4 to 18, many areas will see warm weather, with periods of generally settled conditions."
Some sunshine next month will set the scene nicely for when Covid restrictions are due to lift on July 19.
The hottest day of the year so far was on June 14 when the mercury hit 29.7C at Heathrow.
This week’s best UK travel deals
- Cheap holiday park autumn breaks from £79 per stay
- School summer holiday breaks from £10pp a night
- Cheap seaside breaks this June
- Last minute hotel and cottage breaks for July
- Pontins have adult-only breaks from just £89 per person
- Best holiday parks in Essex – cheap breaks from £7pp a night
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.There are also great UK coach trips for families and campsites with availability for summer.
Alternatively, we've found holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article