Antonio Brown goes on the offensive: Bitter wide receiver says he’s DONE playing for NFL in series of angry tweets as he fumes at Robert Kraft and ex-teammate Ben Roethlisberger following his axing from Patriots amid sexual assault allegations
- Disgraced Antonio Brown announced he’s done playing for the NFL on Sunday
- In a tweeting spree he called out NFL owners and asked them to pay up
- He slammed Patriots owner Robert Kraft for keeping his job despite being hit with soliciting prostitution charges in February
- Brown was fired from the Patriots on Friday after one woman accused him of rape and another of sending threatening texts, but he maintains his innocence
- On Saturday Brown’s agent Drew Rosenhaus claimed the wide receiver was receiving interest from several NFL teams
- He was released from the Patriots before he could be placed on the NFL Commissioner’s list which is essentially paid leave
- The wide receiver only signed with the Patriots on September 9
Disgraced NFL star Antonio Brown announced he’s done playing for the NFL and hit out at his former boss Patriots owner Robert Kraft for getting off easy on his prostitution soliciting charges.
The 31-year-old Wide Receiver took to Twitter on Sunday to say he’s done playing for the league just two days after he was fired from the New England Patriots amid sexual assault allegations.
‘Will not be playing in the @NFL anymore these owners can cancel deals do whatever they want at any time we will see if the @NFLPA hold them accountable,’ Brown said.
‘Sad they can just void guarantees anytime going on 40m 2 months will see if they pay up,’ he added.
Brown launched a bitter tweeting spree, calling out the league for being hypocritical in letting past athletes facing similar allegations stay on their teams and letting his own boss Robert Kraft keep his job despite allegedly soliciting prostitutes in day spas and massage parlors in Florida.
‘Kraft got caught in the parlor AB speculations fired different strokes different folks clearly,’ Brown wrote in a since-deleted tweeted Sunday.
It’s over: Disgraced NFL star Antonio Brown tweeted saying he won’t be plying for the NFL anymore on Sunday, slamming the league for canceling deals
He also dug into his old boss Patriots owner Robert Kraft, citing his solicitation charges saying: ‘Kraft got caught in the parlor AB speculations fired different strokes different folks clearly’
He slammed Kraft who was charged with soliciting prostitution out of day spas and massage parlors in Florida in February
In February 2019 Kraft was charged with soliciting prostitution out of day spas and massage parlors in Florida. In March he apologized for the charges saying ‘I’m truly sorry’ but his lawyers entered a not guilty plea.
His tweets blasting Kraft come two days after he shared glowing messages of gratitude to the Patriots on Friday.
Brown was accused of rape by his former trainer Britney Taylor in early September and last week a second woman came forward to accuse him of sexual misconduct saying he stood behind her naked holding just a towel over his genitals as she painted a mural he paid for then sent her threatening messages.
Brown continued his Twitter storm, adamant about his innocence and pointing out the hypocrisy of the NFL by naming other football stars accused of sexual assault who weren’t fired from their positions.
He shared a screenshot of an article about former Broncos star Shannon Sharpe who was accused of sexual assault and subsequently ‘stepped aside’ from his analyst gig at CBS Sports in 2010. He captioned the picture: ‘Shannon Sharp the funny guy on tv still after this.’
Then he pointed to the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who was investigated in 2010 for sexual assault, two years after he raped another woman, quipping ‘4 games for Big Ben crazy world I’m done with it.’
Following the allegations Roethlisberger, also known as Big Ben, was suspended without pay for the first six games of the 2010 season. He still plays for the Steelers.
What about these guys? In Brown’s Sunday tweeting spree he drew comparison to other NFL players who were accused of sexual assault but weren’t fired from their positions such as former Broncos star Shannon Sharpe (left) who works as a TV presenter and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (right)
He pointed to NFL star Shannon Sharpe who was accused of sexual assault but still works on TV
Then he pointed to the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who was investigated in 2010 for sexual assault, two years after he raped another woman, but wasn’t fired from the team. Brown quipped: ‘4 games for Big Ben crazy world I’m done with it’
Social media users hit back at Brown’s tweets saying instead of pointing out the NFL’s double standard, he should hold himself accountable
Some online fans drew comparison to Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, who was employed by the team despite links to multiple murders.
His tweets come just a day after his agent Drew Rosenhaus boasted Brown was talking with ‘a few teams that are interested’ in him, but wouldn’t likely sign him until the NFL investigation into the allegations is completed.
Rosenhaus said the interested teams wanted information regarding Brown’s ‘legal situation and the NFL investigation,’ during an interview with ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Other NFL sources ‘believe that until the NFL’s investigation is resolved, a deal for the free-agent WR is not likely to happen’.
On Saturday Brown touched down in Miami and played it cool on Instagram, sharing pictures of himself sitting on a black Rolls Royce parked in front of a private jet, but critics slammed him for his flashy post warning ‘it might be time to save some loot’ as he was cut without paid leave.
Several NFL teams were reportedly eyeing disgraced NFL star Antonio Brown and approached his agent for information ‘regarding his legal situation and the NFL investigation’
Brown’s agent Drew Rosenhaus revealed that the wide receiver is communicating ‘with a few teams that are interested’ in Brown – but they likely won’t make moves in signing him until an NFL investigation into the allegations is complete.. Brown pictured above in Warwick, Rhode Island before flying for Miami on Saturday
Brown was seen wearing a Supreme jacket, Boarding Lab track pants and Off-White x Nike sneakers, despite having been dropped as a Nike athlete earlier in the week
Brown teased his flight home early Saturday afternoon, posting a picture of himself on Instagram while at the airport. He was sitting on a Rolls Royce parked in front of a private jet
Brown also posted a quick video of himself on the jet, while being filmed by a camera crew
Despite his murky future, Brown took to social media on Saturday to show off his riches – sporting a Supreme jacket, Boarding Lab track pants and carrying a Louis Vuitton briefcase. He was also wearing Off-White x Nike sneakers – this, despite having been dropped as a Nike athlete earlier in the week.
He captioned his post: ‘The Journey #IKnowimspecial #Whytheyplaying’.
He was fired before he could be placed on the Commissioner Exempt which would have essentially assured him paid leave, but he’d be ineligible to practice or play.
He joined the Patriots in a stunning contract worth up to $15million and included a $9million signing bonus..
Critics took to Brown’s latest Instagram post to slam the NFL player for his post in light of the scandal, one taunting, ‘Guess who’s going to be broke in 15+ years.’
The flight appeared to originate from NorthStar Aviation Airport in Warwick, Rhode Island, just an hour’s drive from Boston, to Miami, where the NFL star has a home.
Critics took to Brown’s latest Instagram post to slam the NFL player for his post in light of the scandal, one writing, ‘Bruh. It might be time to start saving a little loot.’
On Saturday the New England Patriots revealed that it had promoted German running back Jakob Johnson, 24, who would be taking the spot that Brown vacated, according to the Associated Press.
Johnson played played running back and linebacker for the Patriots in the preseason.
After being dropped by the Patriots Friday, Brown tried to maintain relations with the Super Bowl winners and sweeten his reputation by tweeting, after he was fired, that he was grateful for the opportunity he’d been shown.
The Patriots made the decision to release Brown from his contract on Friday before the NFL could place him on the Commissioner’s exempt list.
Had he been put on the list, the team would have been liable for his $1million base salary and $9million bonus and possibly more. He would not have been able to play or practice but would have technically still been employed, at the Patriots expense.
The Patriots are required in Brown’s contract to pay him $5million of the bonus by Monday September 23 and the remaining $4million sum on January 15. It’s unclear if the Patriots will challenge paying that bonus. If they did, Brown could file a grievance against the club.
Antonio Brown shared a series of messages on his Twitter after news of his release broke on Friday
Brown, 31, only signed with the Super Bowl champions on September 9, two days after being released by the Oakland Raiders without playing a game due to his social media feud with management.
The day after signing with the Patriots, Brown was accused of rape in a lawsuit filed in Florida by former trainer Britney Taylor, and later of unwanted sexual advances by a second, unnamed, woman.
Britney Taylor, 28, is suing Brown claiming he raped her
Just hours before his release on Friday, shocking text message threats were revealed that Brown apparently made against the second woman to accuse him of misconduct, where he branded her a ‘super broke girl’ and accused her of extortion.
Texts from the number belonging to Brown then asked others in the group chat – which included Brown’s lawyer Darren Heitner – to ‘look into her background’ before posting pictures of her children.
A man identified in the texts as Eric B then replied ‘yes sir we will do that’ before a second respondent added ‘send me her info bro’.
His agent, Drew Rosenhaus said in a statement: ‘It’s unfortunate things didn’t work out with the Patriots. But Antonio is healthy and is looking forward to his next opportunity in the NFL. He wants to play the game he loves and he hopes to play for another team soon.’
These are the threatening texts one of the two women accusing Brown of misconduct was shown. She is an unnamed artist
Eric then noticed she attended a Meek Mill rally, suggesting: ‘I can reach out to his team tomorrow and see if anyone knows her.
‘She sounds like a celebrity groupie.’
The texts were revealed by Sports Illustrated, which first published the woman’s claims along with details of a number of other lawsuits against Brown, mostly for unpaid bills.
Lisa J. Banks, the lawyer representing the artist, said she has sent a letter to the NFL about the texts, asking for them to intervene.
In a statement on Friday, attorneys for the woman Brown threatened said: ‘The NFL and the Patriots clearly took our client’s concerns seriously.’
‘She wanted the threats and intimidation to stop and we hope that will be the case. The NFL has assured us that regardless of Antonio Brown’s roster status, it will continue to investigate all claims regarding his behavior,’ the statement continued.
The NFL said on Friday night that that Brown’s status is currently that of an unrestricted free agent, making it technically possible for another team to sign him.
‘Our office is currently investigating multiple allegations, some of which are the subject of pending litigation,’ the league said in a statement. ‘We have as yet made no findings regarding these issues.’
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft (left) was furious about the texts Brown sent. Coach Bill Belichick (right) stormed out of a press conference about it
Other complaints about Brown’s behavior have surfaced, creating a perfect storm of career-ending scandals for the 31-year-old wide receiver.
By the time the league has completed its investigation and Brown has resolved a civil lawsuit against him by a former trainer, the season will likely be over.
Brown is shown on September 15
Coach Bill Belichick stormed out of a press conference on Friday after reporters repeatedly asked him about the latest allegations surrounding Brown.
‘We take all the situations with our team very seriously,’ he said, ahead of the Patriots game against the New York Jets on Sunday. ‘There are some things we’re looking into. I’m not going to comment on any of the off-the-field situations.’
But the reporters would not let up on their questions, prompting the coach to become even more irritated.
‘I think I have already addressed this so we are going to get ready for the Jets here,’ he asserted. ‘I’ll answer your football questions but the rest I am done with it.’
A reporter starts asking if ‘off-field stuff’ could contribute to issues the team could face in their game but the coach sees through the questions and storms off.
Source: Read Full Article