Bloke, 21, SNAPS four front teeth biting into an apple after guzzling SIX Monster Energy drinks a day that rotted 24 gnashers

Vinnie Pyner, 21, got hooked on cans of green Monster to help him stay awake for his college studies, he said.


Soon he was downing them at breakfast, lunch and dinner – and was eventually drinking six cans every day.

He claims he brushed his teeth twice a day but started getting tooth pain and eventually he bit into an apple – and his front four teeth snapped.

After guzzling around 45 cans a week for seven months he went cold turkey – but was too embarrassed to go back to college.

His dentist discovered every tooth in his mouth had rotted, he claims, and Vinnie is now set to get 24 fillings and dentures for his front nashers.

Monster Energy has completely ruined my life

Mortified Vinnie from Margate is speaking out to warn others about excessive energy drink consumption.

He said: "It started as a way to relieve the stress and pressure from my college course because you have to be focused when it comes to computing and coding.

"I had an ambition to become a games designer but now my hopes have been dashed.

"The dentist was extremely shocked to see my teeth and she said that it was one of the worst cases of tooth decay and damage that he had ever seen.

"I couldn't attend college like this so I had to leave because I couldn't bear the embarrassment.

"Monster Energy has completely ruined my life."

CAFFEINE WITHDRAWAL

Vinnie says he started drinking Monster Energy shortly before starting his second-year studying BTEC Computing and Coding at East Kent College, in September 2017.

He says: "It was like I had to fuel this addiction regularly and if I didn't I would suffer from caffeine withdrawal symptoms such as severe headaches and muscle pain."

Vinnie's mum Tara starting raising concerns.

The 46-year-old mum-of-one said: "I noticed the habitat getting worse and worse as his bedroom bins were always full of the cans."

PAINFUL TO EAT

By Christmas 2017, Vinnie's addiction started to take control and as a result, he started suffering from tooth pain every time he ate.

Vinnie said: "Every time I bit down on an item of food it was very painful so it was always a nightmare every time I had something to eat."

In March 2018 he heard a cracking sound after biting down on an apple.

His upper four incisor teeth had completely fallen off and you could see his gum line, it was horrible

Vinnie said: "I swallowed something hard before realising that my upper four teeth had broken off.

"I couldn't tell my mum because it was so worried about what she might have said.

"So I trying not opening my mouth too wide when I was near mum."

But mum Tara got suspicious after several days and asked him to show her his teeth.

Tara said: "It was absolutely shocking. His upper four incisor teeth had completely fallen off and you could see his gum line, it was horrible.

"As a mum, it was very hard to take in because, for the last seven months, this addiction had taken control of his life."

Dentists found that all of Vinnie's teeth had rotted and was told that he would have to have 24 fillings and a pair of dentures fitted for the front four teeth.

Monster Energy Drinks has been approached for comment.







Source: Read Full Article