Boy, 14, stabbed to death and mum seriously injured in Manchester

Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

A teenager was stabbed to death while his mum was left fighting for her life after an attack inside a home in north Manchester.

Police have launched an investigation into the "domestic incident" which also saw the boy's mother stabbed at around 9.30pm on Thursday ( June 9).

Emergency services were called to a house on Bednal Avenue in Miles Platting and rushed the victims to hospital, where the boy was sadly pronounced dead.

Police have confirmed that his mother is in stable condition and is being supported by specialist officers.

Authorities said enquiries suggest the attacker is "known to the victims" and that the incident is "domestic."

In a statement Greater Manchester Police said: "A 14-year old boy was treated at the scene by the emergency services for stab wounds and was taken by ambulance to hospital, where he sadly died around an hour later.

"His mother – a woman in her 40s – was also treated at the scene for serious stab wounds and was taken to hospital where she is thankfully in a stable condition."

The attacker is described as an Asian man, aged in his mid 40s and of medium build and medium height.

  • Brits plead guilty to fighting for Ukraine against Russia with one facing death penalty

Authorities confirmed he was wearing dark clothing and was last seen walking on Sawley Road shortly after the attack.

A large police cordon remains in place at the scene of the incident this morning.

Officers from the Major Incident Team are carrying out investigations.

Detective Chief Inspector Gina Brennand, of GMP's Major Incident Team, said: “Last night’s events are nothing short of devastating as a teenage boy has tragically lost his life and a mother is grieving in hospital after also being seriously attacked.

"We have trained family liaison officers dedicated to supporting her and her family at this incredibly distressing time, and we are committed to doing all we can to make sure we bring the person responsible to justice.

“This is a shocking incident for the people of Manchester to wake up to, but I do wish to stress that our enquiries so far suggest this was a contained and domestic-related incident; however, anyone that sees a man fitting our description looking suspicious should not approach him and call 999.

“This is a ferocious attack that has seen a teenage boy fatally injured and we are working at a tremendous pace to find the person that did this and to take them off the streets and into custody where we can continue to piece together what we know about this utterly tragic incident.”

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here .

  • Breaking News
  • Knife Crime

Source: Read Full Article