Jonathan Majors assault trial delayed until September: Creed actor appears in court with girlfriend Meagan Good to face claims by ex Grace Jabbari
- Majors, 33, was in court today with a team of lawyers and his new girlfriend
- His ex Grace Jabbari accused him of slapping her in March and hurting her hand
- The trial has now been delayed to begin on September 6
Jonathan Majors’ assault trial has been delayed until September after the actor’s attorneys filed a motion today complaining that prosecutors were not ‘timely’ in handing over evidence.
Majors, 33, strode into court with new girlfriend Meagan Good and his attorneys today wearing a double-breasted suit and clutching a bible.
He has been charged with misdemeanor assault and misdemeanor harassment for allegedly attacking Jabbari in March.
She initially told police he hit and strangled her but the strangulation charges were dropped. Now, he is charged with hurting her arm.
Creed actor Jonathan Majors arrives at Manhattan Criminal Court today for his assault trial
Majors, 33, strode into court with new girlfriend Meagan Good and his attorneys today for the first day of his assault and harassment trial
The actor has always maintained his innocence and filed his own domestic violence claim against his accuser
Grace Jabbari is alleged to have attacked the Creed actor – and now the NYPD have probable cause to arrest her, according to his defense lawyer
Jabbari admitted to Majors in text messages that she was the aggressor. After the alleged attack, she was seen at nightclubs drinking and partying with friends.
Majors has always maintained his innocence and NYPD sources cited by The New York Times say there’s enough evidence to also charge Jabbari for attacking him.
It remains unclear why she has not yet been arrested.
He filed his own domestic violence claim against her in June, telling police he had been slapped and scratched by a violent and ‘hysterical’ Jabbari.
Majors, whose star was quickly rising, was dropped by his management firm and PR firm after the charges were dropped.
He has attended previous court appearances with his new girlfriend, actress Meagan Good.
Attorneys for embattled actor Jonathan Majors have claimed that surveillance video exonerates their client in his ongoing domestic violence case, citing footage that shows his accuser (circled) clubbing and socializing in the hours after she said was assaulted
Majors previously claimed that witness testimony and video evidence will prove his innocence amid allegations he’s facing of domestic violence against his ex-girlfriend
In the immediate aftermath of the incident, Jabbari texted Majors to apologize.
‘Please let me know when you got this. They assured me that you won’t be charged. They said they had to arrest you as protocol when they saw the injuries on me and they knew we had a fight.
‘I’m so angry that they did. And I’m sorry you’re in this position. Will make sure nothing happens about this. I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone… I only just got out of hospital… just call me when you are out.’
The actor did not respond.
A few hours later, around 9:30pm she sent another text message to Majors, telling him that she spoke to officials again.
In the text, she wrote: ‘Reiterated how this was not an attack and they do not have my blessing on any charges being placed.’
His attorneys submitted surveillance footage from NYC nightclubs that show Jabbari out with friends using the hand she said was injured in the ‘attack’.
His performance in Creed III earned rave reviews with the star generating 2024 Oscar buzz for another project
Source: Read Full Article