A dad-to-be was killed after a device he was building for a gender reveal party exploded.
Christopher Pekny, 28, from Liberty in New York, the US, was pronounced dead on February 21 after the tragic accident.
His brother Michael Pekny, 27, was also rushed to hospital – with police now investigating the incident.
State trooper Steven Nevel told NBC: “It wasn’t meant to harm anyone. It was just an innocent prop for a gender reveal that went horribly wrong.”
The bomb squad has just begun its investigation, he added.
The Robin Hood diner, which was owned by the Pekny family, afterwards posted on Facebook: “We are deeply saddened and must inform you all of the loss of our dear and beloved Christopher.
“We appreciate the overwhelming display of love and support that you all have shown.
“The Robin Hood will be closed for the immediate future. More details will be posted when we have them available. Thank you.”
Another friend of Christopher's paid tribute to the dad-to-be on social media.
Michele Madison wrote on Facebook: "You are so loved Chris Pekny. l refuse to say ‘were’ loved.
Meghan Markle's birth plan may include trip to VIP hospital offering 'placenta truffles'
"This isn't goodbye, it's only until we meet again, my friend.
"Your bar family showed up and lit candles at the Robin Hood, we shared some tears and even a few laughs because we knew you would be telling us not to cry but to laugh instead.
"You always had a drink, a smile and a joke for us when we were down and needed it.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
"We love you. We will all be here for your family, Jen and your little one. Rest easy my friend. You'll be greatly missed."
It is the latest in a series of tragedies caused by faulty gender reveal devices.
Earlier this month, Evan Silva, 26, was killed by a cannon at a similar baby shower party in Michigan, the US.
In September, a gender reveal pyrotechnic device sparked a wildfire that burned thousands of acres in Southern California.
Source: Read Full Article