Five children have been left orphaned after both of their parents died having drunk illegal hand sanitiser which was served to guests at a party when the alcohol ran out.
The children's dad died first from poisoning and doctors had fought to save their 48-year-old mum's life for 10 days before she tragically passed away.
On Thursday the death of the unnamed mum was announced by the Russian regional health ministry.
The woman suffered appalling damage to her internal organs and did not regain consciousness, according to doctors.
The ages and names of the couple's children have not been released.
The mum-of-five is the ninth person to die after drinking illegal antiseptic hand wash supplied across the country.
The lethal sanitiser contained up to 69% methanol, when the legal permitted level is 3.5%.
Methanol can cause kidney damage, blindness and death and health chiefs have issued warnings to people not to drink the sanitiser.
The victims were aged between 28 and 69 and seven were people who attended the same party as the couple in Tomtor village, in the Tattinsky district of Yakutia region of Russia, on November 19.
Monster mum ‘tied six-year-old daughter’s hands and set them on fire for stealing sweets'
A 32-year-old man from the same village remains in hospital, and is expected to survive amid fears doctors cannot save his sight.
The first three victims were a 41-year-old woman and two men aged 27 and 69.
Six others were flown by a medical evacuation aircraft to regional capital Yakutsk, including the mum.
The other death was a man in the Aldansky district of the same region.
Around 4,879 litres of the deadly concoction have been seized so far, but police believe more was supplied, and have tracked it to kindergartens, schools, businesses and a jail.
Businessman Alexander Kalinin, 44, from Sverdlovsk region, faces a possible six year jail sentence after being detained for supplying the sanitiser.
A video shows him in court in Yekaterinburg where he was granted house arrest pending a criminal investigation.
Source: Read Full Article