Four kids rushed to hospital after dangerous TikTok ‘tranquilliser challenge’

Parents are being warned of yet another potentially-deadly “TikTok Challenge” after four kids were hospitalised in Mexico as a result of an internet dare.

Fifteen children in the Mexican city of Guanajuato are known to have become ill after taking part in the challenge, which involves taking a strong tranquilliser and then trying to stay awake.

The drug in question, Clonazepam, is intended as a remedy for seizures, and panic attacks and in some Mexican pharmacies it can be bought over the counter without prescription.

READ MORE: Bloke's TikTok lover set him test of walking 1,200 miles to meet her to 'prove' his love

But kids have been getting hold of the powerful tranquilliser and using it as part of a dangerous and potentially lethal "challenge".

On January 18 and 19, five young people from Mexico City and three from Nuevo León were found showing symptoms of having taken Clonazepam, reports El Pais.

The previous week, seven kids from Veracruz had also been known to have taken part in the potentially deadly “challenge”.

According to local media reports, four of the 15 poisoned children have had to be admitted to a hospital, after severe side-effects.

  • Kids trashing school toilets in 'Devious Licks' TikTok challenge encouraging vandalism

Guanajuato’s mayor, Alejandro Navarro, said it was down to parents to monitor their kids’ social media activities.

"As a rule, girls and boys shouldn't have social media accounts, it's bad to start with," he wrote on Facebook.

“We have to take care of the girls and the boys, pamper them, love them and be very aware of what they do.

  • 'Watch out for kids trying to buy beans' warn cops in response to viral TikTok challenge

Mexico’s health department issued an alert about the dangers of the drug last week, calling on the public to report any store selling it without a prescription.

Authorities warned that taking such drugs without medical supervision could cause symptoms such as drowsiness, nausea, difficulty with thought or memory, problems with coordination or more severe issues like breathing difficulties.

In the most extreme cases, taking the drug can lead to a coma or death.

Health officials warned about the social media stunt calling it dangerous and urging parents to warn their children of the risks associated with it.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .


  • Nurse on OnlyFans sacked after colleagues 'distracted' by watching her content at work
  • OnlyFans star Elle Brooke savages opponent AJ Bunker at explosive weigh-in

  • Dedicated OnlyFans model posts sexy snaps in hospital bed after emergency brain surgery

Source: Read Full Article