She shared her recipe with Facebook group Homemade McDonald's, where it's gone viral.
Bernadette, a Perth-based high school teacher, also included her own recreation of sweet and sour Sauce, news.com.au reports.
She wrote: "Last night I challenged myself to create what some in this group had attempted but never seemed to nail — the iconic 6 pack o' nuggs and sweet and sour dipping sauce."
She made the nuggets by triple-coating a chicken breast in a zip lock bag of flour, salt, vegeta (stock powder), garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper with an intermittent egg wash.
She popped them in a freezer between the second and third coats to "ensure crispiness a la OG".
How did Bernadette make the perfect nuggets?
Bernadette was kind enough to share her recipe with the world, but she did not mention exact quantities so perhaps go for a less-is-more approach on your first batch.
- Chop a chicken breast into nugget-sized pieces
- Place them in a ziplock bag with flour, salt, vegetable stock powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- Eggwash the nuggets then put them back in the bag for extra coating
- Place the bag in the freezer to "ensure extra crispiness"
- Repeat this process two more times before deep frying the nuggets until they are golden brown
THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- Mix together apricot jam, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, mustard, white wine vinegar, glucose syrup and cornstarch
- Blitz the ingredients together in a bowl
- Reduce them over a gentle simmer until thick
She admitted she was a bit hesitant making the sweet and sour sauce.
"I really didn’t think this was gonna be possible to replicate at home but I came pretty damn close," she explained
The sauce was made with apricot jam, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, mustard, white wine vinegar, glucose syrup and cornstarch. She blitzed the ingredients, and then reduced them over a gentle simmer.
Bernedette was impressed with her creation. She rated the nuggets 9/10 (points were lost for having TOO much flavour — naturally).
The sauce also scored 9/10, marked down for leaving her and her partner dry in the mouth.
She has been applauded by Australians for her contribution to society.
One Facebook user wrote: "Calling for a second entry for Bern into the hall of fame."
Another added: "Legit nuggs. I'm impressed. Well played, Miss."
One fan was so overcome with emotion he simply added: "I'm lost for words."
Since her success Bernadette has explained she has new found cred among her students.
A version of this story appeared on news.com.au
Source: Read Full Article