THE Duke and Duchess of Sussex have visited a preschool for vulnerable children where they planted forget-me-nots in memory of Princess Diana.
Harry and Meghan made a surprise visit to the Assistance League of Los Angeles Preschool Learning, which provides free early learning to low -income families in LA.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
The royal couple were snapped helping the little ones to plant forget-me-nots, 23 years to the day of Princess Diana's tragic death.
Taking to Instagram, the Assistance League of Los Angeles wrote alongside the sweet snaps: "The children of our Preschool Learning Center got a wonderful surprise when The Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited yesterday!
"In addition to helping the children replant the Preschool Learning Center's garden, they spent time with them, sharing their appreciation for nature and helping to instill the importance of healthy eating. We truly appreciate their time and care for our students. 🌱
"For more than 100 years, @assistanceleagueoflosangeles has been providing early education services to children in need. Our nationally-accredited preschool instructs 40 students from low-income LA families."
And over the weekend, Harry told of how committed he is to helping causes close to his and Meg's hearts.
In a video-chat with the Rugby Football League he said: "Our little man is our number one priority, but our work after that is the second priority.
“And we’re just trying to do everything we can to do our part to make the world a better place.”
During the chat, Harry also promised to spend next summer in the UK, adding he would have come home sooner but was bogged down by covid restrictions.
He said: "I definitely plan on coming back.
"I would have been back already had it not been for Covid."
The philanthropic pair have recently moved to a new luxury £12m pad in Montecito, California where they have already been snapped waving to fans and filling kids' backpacks with supplies during their first charity outing since lockdown began.
The royal couple wore face masks as they distributed supplies, clothes and nappies at an LA drive-through run by charity Baby2Baby.
Harry and Meghan also recently launched the MWX Foundation, a re-launch of their Sussex Royal foundation after they agreed to stop using the word ‘royal’ in their branding after stepping down as senior members of the Firm earlier this year.
Prince Harry, 35, and Meghan, 39, officially announced their departure as working royals – dubbed 'Megxit' – with their new life to begin on April 1.
Source: Read Full Article