The Duchess of Sussex bravely took the microphone to profess her love for Prince Harry- while thanking his family for "welcoming" her at the Royal Wedding reception.
In the speech, the US actress particularly singled out the Prince of Wales, just hours after her new father-in-law walked her down the aisle in the wedding of the year.
She is said to have a "special bond" with Prince Charles, grateful of his kindness to her and her mother during the huge change in her life.
How the Royal Wedding unfolded…
- Meghan wore Diana’s ring as Harry drove the pair to their star-studded reception after tying the knot
- Meghan changed out of her Givenchy wedding dress into a bespoke lily white high-neck silk crepe gown by Stella McCartney for the party
- Celebrities including George and Amal Clooney, the Beckhams and Oprah Winfrey partied the night away at the lavish bash
- Elton John entertained guests by singing his hit songs ‘Tiny Dancer’, ‘Your Song’ and ‘Circle of Life’ at the party
- Prince Charles ‘had reception guests in stitches’ with gags about changing Harry’s nappy before a glittering firework display
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle earlier sealed their marriage with a kiss after a groundbreaking modern Royal Wedding
- Meghan stunned in a Givenchy gown with a 15ft veil embroidered with flowers for the ceremony
- Princess Charlotte and Prince George melted hearts with their outfits for the big day
- At the ceremony American Bishop Michael Curry stole the show with an eccentric speech
Meghan's mum Doria Ragland, 61, was the bride's only family member on her big day after Meghan's dad Thomas Markle dropped out due to health issues.
The Mirror reported the bride, who wore a white evening gown by Stella McCartney on Saturday night, gushed "I have found my prince" to the star-studded guests that had gathered at the couple's reception at Frogmore House on Saturday night.
According to one source, the Duchess of Sussex expressed her gratitude to Prince Charles at how welcoming he had been to both herself and her mum.
They told the Daily Mail: "She has been so touched by how welcoming the Prince of Wales has been. So is her mother.
"Honestly, they are touched beyond belief. It was important to her to make a point of thanking him publicly, although, of course, he knows privately how she feels."
Another source told the newspaper: "It is often said that he always wanted a daughter and I think he has been really moved by how well they have got on.
"There is definitely a connection there. Meghan's mother means more to her than anything, so it was lovely to see the way he was so welcoming to Doria too."
Charles is said to have spent a lot of time with his son and Meghan choosing the music to be played at their service.
The Royal Wedding has been dogged by Meghan's family speaking out against her.
She has faced criticism from her half-sister Samantha Markle, who claimed their dad Thomas was alone and upset in hospital following his surgery for a dangerous heart condition.
And she also slammed claims Kensington Palace was helping him – revealing she had to wire him cash to survive.
Meghan's brother Thomas Markle Jr has also hit out at the former actress – telling Prince Harry not to marry her.
He wrote an explosive open letter telling Meghan to call off the upcoming nuptials, blasting it as a "fake fairy tale".
But he has now backtracked on his scathing comments – branding it a "moment of madness".
Meghan and Harry married on Saturday in front of a celeb-filled congregation at St George's Chapel in Windsor.
The ceremony was a modern affair – with the couple hailed for their multicultural ceremony.
Their nuptials featured a rip-roaring sermon from an American preacher and a moving rendition of Stand By Me by a black gospel choir.
The loved-up pair gazed at each other during the ceremony, with Meghan wowing in her spectacular gown by designer Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy.
She teamed it with a dazzling Mary Diamond Bandeau tiara – lent to her by the Queen.
Meghan expressed the wish of having all 53 countries of the Commonwealth with her on her journey through the ceremony.
Harry greeted his beautiful bride at the altar and told her: “You look amazing.”
Meghan was walked down the aisle by Prince Charles — standing in for her absent father Thomas.
Harry, 33, who had nervously fiddled with his cuffs while waiting, turned to Charles and said: “Thank you, Pa.”
They followed the ceremony with the evening reception in a £300,000 glass marquee in the grounds of Windsor Castle paid for by Prince Charles.
Harry's dad left guests in stitches with a speech about changing his nappy, while the groom delighted everyone when he referred to Meghan as his "wife".
Jubilant guests were later treated to an incredible firework display that could be seen for miles around Windsor as the Royal Wedding was brought to a close.
Source: Read Full Article