The bride expressed her gratitude to the "welcoming" Royals as she broke the mould by making an address last night.
Meghan only had one family member present – her mum Doria Ragland – when she married Prince Harry yesterday.
And she was walked down the aisle by her father-in-law Prince Charles after her own dad Thomas Markle Sr dropped out due to health issues.
Meghan bravely made the choice to speak at the star-studded reception at Frogmore House in front of 250 guests.
She is said to have thanked the Royals for welcoming her in, Mail Online reports.
How the Royal Wedding has unfolded so far…
- Meghan wore Diana’s ring as Harry drove the pair to their star-studded reception after tying the knot
- Meghan changed out of her Givenchy wedding dress into a bespoke lily white high-neck silk crepe gown by Stella McCartney for the party
- Celebrities including George and Amal Clooney, the Beckhams and Oprah Winfrey partied the night away at the lavish bash
- Elton John entertained guests by singing his hit songs ‘Tiny Dancer’, ‘Your Song’ and ‘Circle of Life’ at the party
- Prince Charles ‘had reception guests in stitches’ with gags about changing Harry’s nappy before a glittering firework display
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle earlier sealed their marriage with a kiss after a groundbreaking modern Royal Wedding
- Meghan stunned in a Givenchy gown with a 15ft veil embroidered with flowers for the ceremony
- Princess Charlotte and Prince George melted hearts with their outfits for the big day
- At the ceremony American Bishop Michael Curry stole the show with an eccentric speech
The Royal Wedding has been dogged by Meghan's family speaking out against her.
She has faced criticism from half-sister Samantha Markle, who claimed Thomas was alone and upset in hospital following his surgery for a dangerous heart condition.
And she also slammed claims Kensington Palace was helping him – revealing she had to wire him cash to survive.
Meghan's brother Thomas Markle Jr has also hit out at the former actress – telling Prince Harry not to marry her.
He wrote an explosive open letter telling Meghan to call off the upcoming nuptials, blasting it as a "fake fairy tale".
But he has now backtracked on his scathing comments – branding it a "moment of madness".
The rift began when Harry told Radio 4 after getting engaged that the Royals were "the family I suppose she's never had".
Meghan and Harry married yesterday in front of a celeb-filled congregation at St George's Chapel in Windsor.
The ceremony was a modern affair – with the couple hailed for their multicultural ceremony.
Their nuptials featured a rip-roaring sermon from an American preacher and a moving rendition of Stand By Me by a black gospel choir.
The loved-up pair gazed at each other during the ceremony, with Meghan wowing in her spectacular gown by designer Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy.
She teamed it with a dazzling Mary Diamond Bandeau tiara – lent to her by the Queen.
Meghan expressed the wish of having all 53 countries of the Commonwealth with her on her journey through the ceremony.
Harry greeted his beautiful bride at the altar yesterday and told her: “You look amazing.”
Meghan was walked down the aisle by Prince Charles — standing in for her absent father Thomas.
Harry, 33, who had nervously fiddled with his cuffs while waiting, turned to Charles and said: “Thank you, Pa.”
They followed the ceremony with the evening reception in a £300,000 glass marquee in the grounds of Windsor Castle paid for by Prince Charles.
Harry's dad left guests in stitches with a speech about changing his nappy, while the groom delighted everyone when he referred to Meghan as his "wife".
Jubilant guests were later treated to an incredible firework display that could be seen for miles around Windsor as the Royal Wedding was brought to a close.
Source: Read Full Article