The yoga instructor had a whirlwind of introductions – also meeting two of Kate and William's children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, at a Royal Wedding rehearsal.
Meghan's mum Doria, who flew in to save the day after dad Thomas Markle went back and forth on his decision to walk his daughter down the aisle, met Prince Charles and Camilla yesterday.
She now just needs to meet the Queen and is expected to sit down with her tomorrow for afternoon tea joined by her daughter and future son-in-law.
The rehearsal in Windsor today clearly went well with Meghan pictured beaming at Prince Harry as they left – just hours after confirming her dad Thomas would not walk her down the aisle.
The smitten couple wore matching white shirts and sunglasses as they left in their Range Rover this evening.
What we know so far…
- Meghan Markle today confirmed her dad would not be at her wedding as he continues to recover from major heart surgery
- Thomas Markle had earlier said he wouldn’t be attending for fear of embarrassing Meghan and the royal family over staged paparazzi photos
- The 73-year-old suffered a heart scare last week which he has reportedly blamed on an open letter by his son Tom Jr – who has since said he’s “mortified”
- Samantha Markle, Meghan’s half-sister, has slammed claims Kensington Palace is supporting their dad in hospital before she was injured in a car crash on Wednesday
- Mr Markle backed Meghan’s mum Doria Ragland to give her away in his absence
- Mum Doria is said to not be on speaking terms with her ex-husband, angry his family has been trashing Meghan
- She met with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today and is expected to sit down for afternoon tea with the Queen tomorrow
- The bride’s best friend Jessica Mulroney jetted into London Heathrow with her kids
- Kensington Palace announced Prince George and Princess Charlotte would be among the bridesmaids and page boys at the wedding
- Elton John will reportedly perform at Meghan and Harry’s wedding
Kate was also pictured smiling – the first time she has been seen since announcing the birth of Prince Louis.
Meghan today released an emotional statement confirming her dad would not be attending the wedding on Saturday after he had heart surgery in the US.
Doria is now expected to walk Meghan down the aisle.
The Royal Wedding plans were thrown into chaos when 73-year-old Thomas Sr announced he wouldn't be attending – after being left embarrassed over staged paparazzi photos.
While Meghan reportedly begged her father to attend – saying she still loved him – her reclusive dad eventually pulled out.
Confirming the news today, Meghan's emotionally charged-statement over the fiasco said: "Sadly my father will not be attending our wedding.
"I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.
"I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support.
"Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday."
Pals flew into the UK to support Meghan, with best friend Jessica Mulroney arriving this week.
The Canadian socialite's children are among who will be bridesmaids and page boys during the ceremony.
But Meghan's estranged family members – including her nephews and sister-in-law – also landed in the UK despite not being invited to the wedding.
Meghan has endured constant criticism from her family who claim she has not supported her dad – including from outspoken half-sister Samantha Markle.
Samantha lashed out overnight, saying she had even been forced to wire Thomas Sr cash to survive.
She has previously taken the blame for the staged paparazzi shots, which Meghan's dad later described as "hammy" and "stupid".
Earlier today, a journalist for US website TMZ – which has published a number of exclusive interviews with Thomas Sr this week – said the bride's father had been hopeful of attending but would be prevented by ill-health.
Reporter Sean Mandell, who spoke to Thomas Sr after his operation yesterday, also revealed Meghan's heartache her father could not attend.
Speaking on Good Morning Britain, he said: "She is holding up, from what I've been told.
"It has been a tearful, at times, and a trying time for her."
He added: "I do get the sense that he does want to be reunited with Meghan, because he told us that he wanted to be there.
"He had a change of heart on Tuesday of this week actually, that after speaking with Meghan over text that he felt that he had prematurely maybe made the decision to pull out of the wedding."
Thomas Sr has previously blamed his health woes on his son Thomas Markle Jr over an open letter he wrote to Prince Harry – branding the wedding as a "fake fairy tale".
He has since has backtracked on his claims – saying his sister was the "best thing to happen to the royals".
Thomas' absence means Doria will be the only direct family member of Meghan's at the wedding.
Yesterday, it was revealed Meghan would have a number of children as her bridesmaids and pageboys – including Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
Kensington Palace confirmed Meghan had been depending on her close-knit group of friends while planning the wedding, saying: "They have all been actively involved in helping her prepare and will be there with her to celebrate on the day."
Source: Read Full Article