Meghan Markle's sister Samantha pictured in hospital with 'broken ankle and fractured knee' after car crash

Samantha Markle, 53, is understood to have been driving with her partner near their home in Florida when they smashed into a concrete barrier.

Her boyfriend Mark told TMZ he had been behind the wheel and was apparently trying to avoid a photographer who had veered in front of them to take pictures.

He said he swerved their vehicle to the left but smashed into the central reservation near a toll booth while the snapper allegedly fled the scene.

Mark said Samantha, who has MS, hit the windscreen and fell into the footwell but was unable to lift herself back up.

Her foot was twisted backwards and he rushed to the hospital where she is reportedly being treated by doctors.


What we know so far…

  • Meghan Markle's dad Thomas is recovering for major heart surgery after confirming he WON'T attend the Royal Wedding on Saturday
  • He'd earlier said he wouldn't be attending for fear of embarrassing Meghan and the royal family over staged paparazzi photos
  • The 73-year-old suffered a heart scare last week which he has reportedly blamed on an open letter by his son Tom Jr – who has since said he's "mortified"
  • Samantha Markle, Meghan's half-sister, has slammed claims Kensington Palace is supporting their dad in hospital before she was injured in a car crash on Wednesday
  • Mr Markle backed Meghan's mum Doria Ragland to give her away in his stead
  • Mum Doria is said to not be on speaking terms with her ex-husband, angry his family has been trashing Meghan
  • The bride's best friend Jessica Mulroney jetted into London Heathrow with her kids
  • Kensington Palace announced that Prince George and Princess Charlotte would be among the bridesmaids and page boys at the wedding
  • Elton John will reportedly perform at Meghan and Harry's wedding
  • Despite the chaos Kensington Palace sources said the wedding would still go ahead



It comes as it was reported her father Thomas Markle's major cardiac surgery went successfully after suffering a serious heart attack last week.

Meghan’s wheelchair-bound sister earlier told how their 73-year-old dad was devastated to be missing the opportunity to walk his daughter down the aisle as she weds Prince Harry.

She told us: “He was upset. He wanted to go. But his doctor had the overruling opinion he needed surgery. So he’s smart enough to know, ‘This is life-threatening’.

“It’s all been so heartbreaking and now my father’s in surgery. I don’t even think he’s awake yet.”

She also slammed claims Kensington Palace was helping their ailing dad — revealing she had to wire him cash so he could survive.

Samantha said: “That is not true or he would not have been living in his place. He’d have had a reliable vehicle. He’d have been with security. I have receipts showing I’ve sent my father money twice by MoneyGram because he needed it.

“He is badly in need of help. I’m dreadfully worried about him. He’s completely on his own.”

Samantha said the Palace had not offered to fly him to London early or give him details about how he would get there.

She said: “There was no actual contact from Meghan and she has not spoken with my father since the heart attack. I don’t know why that is, I’m not blaming her.”

Samantha also said Harry – who has never met Thomas – had stayed silent, claiming: “I know that contact has not been made.”

She claimed her dad “checked in anonymously” to hospital on Wednesday to avoid photographers.

However, there was no sign of him leaving his house and onlookers said the lights were still on at the property in Rosarito, Mexico.

Thomas’s first heart attack last week saw him treated in an ill-equipped local hospital.

Samantha said: “I was worried as I hadn’t heard from him in a day and a half. And he called me crying and he said, ‘I had a heart attack.’”

He had recently been trying to live a healthy lifestyle, she said.

She went on: “He was having heart problems. He was always coughing and saying he didn’t feel well but he was drinking water, eating fruits and vegetables.”

Samantha denied claims there was a rift between them over the deal to stage photos before the wedding. She also insisted she brokered it, rather than her dad.

She said: “It was perfectly innocent. And I was doing it to defend my father against the paparazzi.”

Samantha confirmed Thomas was devastated by son Tom Jr who said Harry and Meghan should not wed.

She said: “He’s been so hurt by Tom. He was acting as if he was a spokesman for the family. My father wants nothing to do with him.”

When asked about Samantha’s claims, Kensington Palace said: “No comment.”



Source: Read Full Article