My husband was beaten close to death by schoolboy thugs – I'm sick to my stomach now two will walk free early | The Sun

TWO schoolboy thugs who battered a dad close to death with a log had their sentences slashed yesterday.

George and Archie Tilley were just 13 and 14 when they attacked carer Alan Willson as he tried to protect a boy whose frisbee they nicked.

The brothers repeatedly thumped Alan, 47, with a 3ft log in a park and left him unconscious in a pool of his own blood on a footpath on Easter Sunday 2021.

Alan suffered a fractured skull, spinal injuries, cracked ribs and brain damage and will never be able to speak again after the attack at Longcroft Park in Worthing, West Sussex.

Alan's devastated wife Annie, 51, who cares for him full-time, told The Sun: "It's so disappointing and shocking that this decision has been made.

"I broke down in tears after the court case.


People said I murdered my daughter & threw body in lake – but truth was chilling

Man in court accused of killing Elle Edwards, 26, with ‘Skorpion machine gun’

"These boys are the scum of the earth and aren't worth my thoughts. It's done now.

"I just hope that everyone remembers who they are and what they've done when they finally get out."

The Tilleys, now 15 and 16, had a string of convictions for violent offences and they were unmasked thanks to a legal battle by The Sun after they were convicted of GBH against Alan.

We published shocking pictures of them laughing and swearing outside court before their trial.

Most read in The Sun


BBC1's live FA Cup coverage hit by porn noises from mobile hidden by prankster


Major bar chain to close on Mondays and Tuesdays due to rocketing energy bills


Gran's tribute to girl, 4, & mum killed after being hit by ‘racing Audi'


Chanelle Hayes reveals heartbreaking health diagnosis at age 35

Two yobs carried out the sickening assault on dad Alan with pal Harry Furlong, then 17.

The trio were seen joking and re-enacting it at a train station moments later.

The Tilleys were found guilty of GBH with intent last year and were caged for 12 years each, while Furlong got 20 months for GBH without intent and was freed in September.

But the Tilleys had their sentences slashed by two and a half years each at the Court of Appeal on Tuesday.

Lord Justice Lewis acknowledged the severity of the assault and the Tilleys' lack of remorse.

I just hope that everyone remembers who they are and what they've done when they finally get out

Police said it was agreed the previous sentences issued were “manifestly excessive" and did not give sufficient reduction for the boys' young age and immaturity.

The Tilleys' terms were reduced to six and a half years each in custody, with three years on extended licence.

Hove Crown Court had heard the Tilleys were the "ringleaders" of the attack as they were caged by Judge Christine Henson KC.

Witnesses "thought someone was being murdered" as the mob unleashed a six-minute beating on Alan.

Det Ch Insp Simon Dunn said after the appeal: "This was a truly horrific assault on a man whose life will never be the same as a result.

"We were delighted to secure the conviction for Alan and his family last year, to know that those responsible for this devastating crime would be held accountable for their actions.

Read More on The Sun

I’m a speed camera officer… here are three myths drivers always get wrong

You’re charging your iPhone wrong – how to make it charge much faster

"Even with this reduction, their custodial sentence will still run until the end of 2028.

“We respect the decision made by the court today, and continue to support Alan and his family through this difficult time."

Source: Read Full Article