Nothing says Thanksgiving Day like stuffing yourself with turkey and watching football.
Three NFL games will be played on Thursday, beginning with the Bills at the Lions at 10:30 a.m. They are followed by an NFC East battle between the Giants and the Cowboys at 2:30 p.m. The Patriots will take on the Vikings in the evening’s game at 6:20 p.m.
Here’s a look at what you need to know about the NFL’s Thanksgiving games:
Buffalo Bills (7-3) at Detroit Lions (4-6)
Time: 10:30 a.m. MT | TV: CBS
Line: Bills -9.5 (via BetMGM)
Thanksgiving Day record: Bills (5-4-1), Lions (37-43-2)
Last Thanksgiving Day game: Bills beat the Saints, 31-6, on Nov. 25, 2021. Lions lost to the Bears, 16-14, on Nov. 25, 2021.
Bills team leaders: Passing — Josh Allen (2,930 yards). Rushing — Allen (483 yards). Receiving — Stefon Diggs (1,033 yards).
Lions team leaders: Passing — Jared Goff (2,442 yards). Rushing — Jamaal Williams (668 yards). Receiving — Amon-Ra St. Brown (594 yards).
New York Giants (7-3) at Dallas Cowboys (7-3)
Time: 2:30 p.m. MT | TV: Fox
Line: Cowboys -9.5 (via BetMGM)
Thanksgiving Day record: Giants (7-5-3), Cowboys (31-22-1)
Last Thanksgiving Day game: Giants lost to Washington, 20-10, on Nov. 23, 2017. Cowboys lost to the Raiders, 36-33, in overtime on Nov. 25, 2021.
Giants team leaders: Passing — Daniel Jones (1,937 yards). Rushing — Saquon Barkley (953 yards). Receiving — Darius Slayton (413 yards).
Cowboys team leaders: Passing — Dak Prescott (1,132 yards). Rushing — Tony Pollard (701 yards). Receiving — CeeDee Lamb (751 yards).
New England Patriots (6-4) at Minnesota Vikings (8-2)
Time: 6:20 p.m. MT | TV: NBC
Line: Vikings -2.5 (via BetMGM)
Thanksgiving Day record: Patriots (3-2), Vikings (6-2)
Last Thanksgiving Day game: Patriots beat the Jets, 49-19, on Nov. 22, 2012. Vikings beat the Lions, 30-23, on Nov. 23, 2017.
Patriots team leaders: Passing — Mac Jones (1,386 yards). Rushing — Rhamondre Stevenson (644 yards). Receiving — Jakobi Meyers (509 yards).
Vikings team leaders: Passing — Kirk Cousins (2,461 yards). Rushing — Dalvin Cook (799 yards). Receiving — Justin Jefferson (1,093 yards).
Other Thanksgiving Day facts
- The Broncos haven’t played a Thanksgiving game since 2009, when they beat the Giants, 26-6. Kyle Orton threw a touchdown pass to Brandon Stokley, and Knowshon Moreno ran one into the end zone.
- Denver has historically struggled on Thanksgiving, compiling just a 4-7 record.
- The Broncos hold a 2-0 edge over the Cowboys on turkey day, and a 1-2 record against the Lions.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars are the only team to have never played a game on Thanksgiving.
- Three teams have yet to suffer a loss on Thanksgiving — Ravens, Panthers and Texans. (Technically the Jaguars, too.)
- Four teams have yet to earn a win: Browns, Bengals, Buccaneers and Jaguars.
Source: Read Full Article