Oxford High School 'shooter' Ethan Crumbley shared 'countdown to return of devil & pic of gun' before deadly rampage

THE Oxford school shooter shared a chilling countdown to the "return of the devil" before police said he killed four classmates, according to online posts. 

Ethan Crumbley was on Wednesday named by authorities as the gunman who shot dead Tate Myre, 16, Hana St. Juliana, 14, Justin Shilling, 15,  and 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin.




Posts which appear to have been shared on his Instagram page show he also shared a picture of a gun just days before the massacre. 

The caption appears to read: "Just got my new beauty today."

In a video posted to his dad's Facebook page three years ago the family appear to play a practical joke on Ethan.

A woman comments: "Pay back is coming dear parents!!" His dad James replies: "Knowing Ethan it will come back sooner than later."

It emerged on Tuesday that the suspect allegedly used his dad's weapon in the deadly rampage.

A preliminary investigation shows that the weapon was purchased on November 26 by the boy’s father. 

Crumbley is being charged as an adult, authorities said on Wednesday.

He faces charges including one count of terrorism and four counts of first-degree murder.

Prosecutors say the evidence suggests the shooting "was not an impulsive act."

One of the victims, Tate Myre, was a "standout" football player and died from his injuries on the way to the hospital in the back of a patrol car. 
Classmates said that he tried to disarm the shooter.

A second victim, Madisyn Bladwin, was expected to graduate this year and her family said that she had been accepted into several colleges, according to WDIV4.

She also loved to draw, read and write and was the eldest of three siblings.

GUNNED DOWN

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard told CNN that seven students and a teacher were shot.

It's not known whether the four students who died were targeted.

The suspected shooter, 15, is being held in a juvenile detention facility where he has been placed in a special cell, said Oakland County Executive David Coulter. 

He has been placed on suicide watch and has someone checking on him every 15 minutes. 

While the preliminary charges will be for homicide and attempted homicide, Bouchard said the prosecutor will decide whether or not the suspect is tried as an adult.

The shooter allegedly posted photos of a gun before the shooting. Cops suspect it's the same weapon that was used in the rampage.

DAD 'BOUGHT GUN'

Bouchard said: “It’s my understanding that this was a recent weapon purchased, that he had been shooting with it and had posted pictures of a target and the weapon.”

The shooter put his hands up when officers came down the hall and saw him. His weapon was seized and he was taken into custody, according to the cop.

Footage has since emerged of the suspected shooter posing as an officer while students cower in a classroom.

The sophomore appeared to tell fellow pupils that they didn't have to hide.

In the video, he said: "Sheriff's office. You can come out now."

The suspect reportedly came out of a bathroom with a weapon but it’s unclear where he went first.

CHILLING FOOTAGE

Police hope to get more footage from the school as the investigation continues.

“The person who’s got the most insight into motive is not talking," Bouchard said.

A potential motive, the timeline of events and the relationships of the victims to the shooter are hoped to be determined via "thousands of interviews" cops are expected to conduct.

Bouchard said: "This touches us all personally and deeply, and will for a long time. This wound will never go away."

"We will leave no stone unturned in the investigation and finding out what lead up to it."


We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article