Prince Andrew ‘appalled’ by sex abuse claims surrounding his paedophile friend Jeffrey Epstein and says it is ‘abhorrent’ to suggest he would ‘condone, participate in or encourage such behaviour’
- Duke of York has been under fire over friendship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein
- Royal broke his silence to say he’s ‘appalled’ by new abuse claims against Epstein
- ‘Suggestion he would… participate in or encourage such behaviour is abhorrent’
- Epstein took his own life this month while awaiting a new sex trafficking trial
Prince Andrew has said he is ‘appalled’ by the recent sex abuse claims surrounding his former friend Jeffrey Epstein.
Footage obtained by the Mail On Sunday showing the Duke Of York inside the paedophile’s Manhattan mansion has forced the Royal to finally break his silence on his relationship with the billionaire.
In a fierce slap-down to the flurry of allegations being made in the wake of Epstein’s death, Andrew denounced any suggestion of wrongdoing on his part as ‘abhorrent’.
Prince Andrew is seen here in the Mail On Sunday’s exclusive video at Jeffery Epstein’s Manhattan mansion in 2010
The Duke has been supported by the Queen in the wake of renewed scrutiny after Epstein’s death, namely by allowing him to sit next to her during a trip to Balmoral (pictured) last week
A Buckingham Palace statement said: ‘The Duke of York has been appalled by the recent reports of Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged crimes.
‘His Royal Highness deplores the exploitation of any human being and the suggestion he would condone, participate in or encourage any such behaviour is abhorrent.’
The unearthed video shows the Duke peering around the door of Epstein’s New York 40-room home on December 6 2010.
Virginia Roberts, the billionaire’s alleged ‘sex slave’, claims she had sex with the Prince at this exclusive nine-story property.
In the clip, the Duke looks out from a large door of the mansion waving a woman goodbye after Epstein leaves to get in a chauffeur-driven car.
Andrew has been dogged by accusations of a lack of judgment about his links with Epstein.
The duke quits his role as UK trade envoy after fallout from the the Central Park photos.
Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his cell in a New York jail earlier this month while facing new allegations of sex trafficking
The Duke has vehemently denied claims by Epstein’s alleged ‘sex slave’ Virginia Roberts (right) that she had sex with the Prince on three occasions, the first when she was 17 and once at the US millionaire’s now-notorious 40-room mansion at 9 East 71st Street in Manhattan
Buckingham Palace has issued strong denials over claims from a woman who said she was forced to have under-age sex with the duke.
Virginia Roberts alleged in court papers in Florida that she was forced to have sex with Andrew when she was 17, which is under the age of consent in the state.
She alleged she had sex with Andrew ‘three times, including one orgy’ in London, at Epstein’s New York home, and at an ‘orgy’ on his private island in the Caribbean.
But Buckingham Palace has branded the allegations ‘false and without any foundation’, stating: ‘Any suggestion of impropriety with under-age minors’ by the duke was ‘categorically untrue’.
Epstein, 66, was found dead in his jail cell in New York earlier this month after being charged with sex trafficking.
Source: Read Full Article