Teen mum sold concert tickets online on day baby girl found dead after she left her for six days for 18th birthday party

A TEEN mum reportedly tried to sell concert tickets online the day her baby girl was found dead after she left her for six days to celebrate her 18th birthday.

Verphy Kudi, now 19, pleaded guilty to manslaughter after she left 20-month-old Asiah alone at her flat in Brighton to go partying on December 5 2019.

She did not return until December 11, when at 6.06pm she dialled 999 telling a call handler her baby would not wake up.

Little Asiah was rushed to hospital but tragically died of neglect with her mum since pleading guilty to manslaughter.

Data gathered by Sussex Police showed she had attended parties in London, Coventry and Solihull during the six-day celebration.

And on the morning of the day her daughter was found, the mum-of-one had tried to sell concert tickets on Twitter, the Mail Online reports.

She appeared to write in a post at 9.30am: "Three standing lil durk tickets for the 3rd Feb DM me."

It is not clear whether the mum had returned home yet at the time of the post – which came several hours before her 999 call – or whether she was still away at the time.

Another image seen by the Mail Online and dated in the picture as October 2020 shows Kudi appearing to urge people in a post to support her attempts to become a Pretty Little Thing model.

Sharing a selection of photos, she wrote: "#EveryBodyInPLT @four_models @OfficialPLT So your girl just applied, please like and retweet, sometimes just shoot your [basketball emoji]."

The Twitter account the Mail Online saw the images on appears to have been deleted.

Little Asiah was rushed to Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital in Brighton but was tragically declared dead on arrival.

A post-mortem exam and subsequent forensic tests found baby Asiah was dehydrated and starved and died from neglect.

Kudi, who wept in the dock on Friday at Lewes Crown Court, pleaded guilty to manslaughter between December 4 and 12.

She had been due to stand trial later this year but her plea was accepted by the prosecution.

The mum will be sentenced on May 28 pending a psychology report – but was warned this date could be delayed.

Kudi, who has been in prison since being charged in October last year, was remanded in custody.

No further details of how the tragic tot was left alone for so long were disclosed at the brief hearing.


At the time, Kudi was living in supported housing for young families run by the YMCA on behalf of Brighton and Hove City Council.

Staff at the unit called police after reviewing CCTV footage following the baby's death.

Asiah was under a child protection plan but there was no social worker assigned when she died.

A safeguarding review has been launched by Brighton and Hove Safeguarding Children Partnership (BHSCP).

Judge Christine Laing QC ordered all social services records relating to the case be disclosed to the defence ahead of sentencing.

Speaking after the hearing, Asiah's grandad Muba Kudi, 59, said: “My heart is so broken.

“My daughter was missing. She had been missing since the age of 14.”

Brighton and Hove Safeguarding Children Partnership (BHSCP) said: "We are deeply saddened by the tragic death of Asiah. In our safeguarding role, we will work with our partners to look into what has happened and carry out a Child Safeguarding Practice Review.

'This includes working with our partner Sussex Police to make sure our review is carried out in support of or alongside their ongoing actions in this case."

Senior Investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Andy Wolstenholme said: "This was a particularly distressing case for my team and me to investigate, and has caused great sorrow amongst Verphy's family and the many agencies that have supported Verphy and Asiah."

Source: Read Full Article