Coronavirus restrictions will ease when Victoria’s five-day hard lockdown comes to an end at 11.59pm on Wednesday night.
The rules were put in place at 11.59pm on Friday as part of a “circuit breaker” lockdown aimed at stopping the spread of an outbreak from hotel quarantine.
Most restrictions will go after Victoria recorded zero new cases on Wednesday from almost 40,000 tests. The new framework will apply until February 26.
Below you’ll find a building list of what we know about the new rules, when they will apply and what they mean. Please check back regularly as this story will be updated to reflect new information.
Masks will be needed in outdoor spaces where you cannot physically distance.Credit:Darrian Traynor/Getty Images
From 11.59pm Wednesday until Friday February 26:
- The five-kilometre limit for leaving home is no longer in place;
- The four reasons to leave home (shopping for things you need, care and caregiving, exercise and essential work) falls away;
- Faces masks will be required outside where you cannot physically distance;
- Face masks will be required at all times indoors when away from home;
- Five visitors will be allowed in the home (up from zero);
- Public gatherings of up to 20 people are allowed.
- People can return to work regardless of public or private sector, up to 50 per cent of capacity.
- That will move to 75 per cent but not before Friday 26 February.
- Schools will reopen.
Aged care and hospitals
- Visits to hospitals and care facilities will be limited to one household per day, with some exceptions.
Retail and hospitality
- Retail outlets and hospitality venues can reopen with the same density limits that were in place last week;
- The density limit is one person per two square metres.
- Religious gatherings and ceremonies will be able to resume with the density limits that previously applied.
Funerals and weddings
- Funerals (previously limited to 10 people) and weddings (previously banned) will no longer have restrictions, except for venue density limits.
Most Viewed in National
Source: Read Full Article