Yob mother-of-two who attacked a 13-year-old girl avoids jail

Yob mother-of-two who launched sickening attack on a 13-year-old girl and her mother then bragged about it on Facebook avoids a jail term

  • Gemma Johnson from Hull beat the girl and her mother in attack outside a pub 
  • The victim’s youngest daughter, aged just seven, witnessed the horrific attack 
  • Johnson said she ‘couldn’t give two flying f***s’ about the assault on Facebook 
  • She received a 12-month prison sentence which was suspended for two years

Gemma Johnson (pictured) beat the teenager before launching an attack on her mother but was spared jail 

A mother-of-two who punched a 13-year-old girl in the face then bragged about it on Facebook has been spared prison

Gemma Johnson, 33, from Hull, walked free after beating the teenager while her co-defendant was locked up for assaulting the girl’s father.

After Johnson left a lump on the girl’s head, she then rained punches down on her  mother during the ‘abhorrent’ attack outside a pub, Hull Crown Court heard on Monday.

Johnson, who left the mother with a split lip and bruises, had been in her car when she spotted the teenager and her family in a ‘chance meeting’ following a row on social media.

Prosecutor Dale Brook said that the 13-year-old fled after she’d been punched and hid with her sibling, seven, who was cowering in a nearby garden watching the ‘deplorable’ attack. 

When the sisters emerged from the garden, they found their mother ‘bloodied and beaten’ along with their father, who had been assaulted by Johnson’s then-partner, Lee Rawson. 

Rawson, 27, had launched a cowardly attack from behind, punching his victim in the head and causing him to hit it on the pavement. Judge David Tremberg said: ‘Victims of these types of punches have died from less.’

Johnson (pictured) walked free while her co-defendant was locked up for his attack on the youngster’s father 

The mother and her then partner attacked their three victims in this Hull street in a deplorable assault 

He added: ‘But you didn’t stop there, you continued and broke his nose leaving a 1.5cm gash across his nose.’

After police spoke to Johnson about the brawl, she posted on Facebook: ‘I couldn’t give two flying f***s. I would do it again.’ 

Rawson, of Bransholme, was in a ‘toxic’ relationship with Johnson at the time of the attack.

  • Bulgarian newsagent releases CCTV of his vicious beating at…

    Man, 19, faces life in prison for ‘fatally beating his…

Share this article

Their relationship deteriorated and that the couple had split up during court proceedings. 

Nigel Clive, defending Rawson, told the court: ‘He entered a fight which was not his. He has described his actions as despicable and ashamed of himself.’

Rawson pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm and was jailed for two years for his part in the street fight. 

The mother-of-two has avoided jail as her lawyer expressed concerns that locking her up would land her children in care 

Johnson had pleaded guilty to occasioning actual bodily harm at a previous hearing. Her barrister Steven Garth told the court: ‘The defendant is the sole carer for her two twin daughters, if she goes to prison, then there is no doubt they will go into care. She leads an uneventful life and does not drink or do drugs.’

While in tears throughout the sentencing hearing, Johnson let out a shriek and shouted thank you to the judge after hearing her prison term would be suspended.

Judge Tremberg told Johnson: ‘This was as the advocates have described it – it was abhorrent, despicable and deplorable.

‘You deserve every day of the sentence I would impose upon you, but it is for them that I suspend it. It is not for you, you understand, it is for them.’

Johnson was sentenced to a 12-month prison sentence, suspended for two years. She was also ordered to undertake 75 hours of unpaid work. 

Source: Read Full Article